Beach on your own?

ToddWelch

What is the best way to enjoy a beach day and snorkeling on your own in Belize? We usually just get off the ship at all ports and take taxis to the beach of our choice and spend the day. We have 4 kids and 3 of them are only 5 years old. We want to do this without spending a ton on money....so we were looking for something better than paying the $30-50 tour price per person.

Any thoughts or suggestions from others?

Thanks

Todd

we have been to belize 3 times. There is not a beach at the port. You would probably have to take a cruiseline excursion. Sometimes kids are free or cheaper depending on the excursion. The only beach is an island they take you to or San Pedro. san pedro is expensive , we went last time and it was over $100pp. We got to snorkle and go to san pedro. NCL has an excursion that is about 39pp beachbreak. not sure the price for child.

Though it's not a real "Beach" there is a place right by Belize City called Old Belize. It has a museum, a restaurant and gift shop and a beach are set up with lots of beach type activites--

Went to the museum and ate in Old Belize and walked around the beach--(I neglected to bring a swimsuit) but would have swam if I had know I could.

Archived