Future cruise $$$

Sea and Me

NextCruise Booking Confirmation Letter

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for creating a NextCruise account.

Attached, you will find a confirmation for the NextCruise account made recently while onboard one of our

ships.

NextCruise is a brand new addition to our future cruise sales program. With a NextCruise account, you have

now secured the ability to receive an onboard credit in the value of $50-$200 per stateroom. The actual value

of the onboard credit is determined by length of voyage and will be applied when you select a ship, sailing date

and category.

Please note, the NextCruise confirmation does not list a ship, sailing date, category, price, stateroom number,

dining preference or taxes/fees. This is a generic booking that will remain open until you decide on your

preferences. Once you select a ship, sailing date, and category, you will be subject to paying the applicable

fare(s), remaining deposit, and all taxes/fees

Cruise Charges Guest #1 Guest #2 Guest #3 Guest #4 Total

Cruise Fare

Payment deposit of $100 per person is due at time of booking and is non-refundable. Balance of full deposit will be due when actual ship, sailing date and

category is selected.

Final payment date will be assigned when actual ship, sailing date and category is selected.

REMARKS

Traveling with booking numbers(s):

· Non-refundable deposit will be applied to actual ship, sailing date and category, when selected.

· The spelling of the guest(s) name above must match their proof of identification during ship check-in formalities.

· Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value of $50 - $200. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing

date is selected. Onboard credit only applies to guest staterooms listed on this confirmation. Guest forfeits the onboard credit if booking cancels.

Royal Caribbean NextCruise Terms and Conditions

1. You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise booking is not valid on any other cruise lines,

including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International.

2. A minimum of one person per booking must be 21 years of age or older and all guest(s) must satisfy Royal Caribbean International's requirements for passage.

3. Pricing, availability, and dining time to be determined at time of selection of ship and sailing date, and is subject to change.

4. Final payment is due 60 days prior for 1,2, 3, 4, and 5 night sailings; 70 days prior for 6 or more night sailings, and 90 days prior for holiday sailings. (These refund dates are

subject to change without notice.) If ship and sailing date is selected within the final payment period, full balance will be due immediately.

5. Full Names are required at time of booking. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and applicable cancellation charges.

At least one name on the original booking must remain the same.

6. This confirmation is non-refundable and has no cash value.

7. To apply your NextCruise account balance against a specific ship and sailing date contact your Travel Agent.

8. Your NextCruise account balance cannot be used for cruises chartered by third parties and may not be used for certain customized group programs (i.e. value add groups).

9. Your NextCruise account balance is not redeemable for cash.

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial value

NextCruise Confirmation - Guest Copy

UNITED STATES Restrictions:

11. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of NextCruise is the recipient's responsibility.

12. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to substitute ports, change itineraries or substitute ships on all itineraries as more specifically provided in the Royal Caribbean

International guest ticket contract and brochures.

13. Offer valid only to residents of the United States and Canada. A NextCruise account shall have no expiration date.

14. A NextCruise account may be transferred to another guest (Applicable only to Canadian Citizens).

15. The provisions of Royal Caribbean International's Cruise/CruiseTour Ticket Contract (copies of which are available online at www.royalcaribbean.com) are hereby incorporated

by reference. IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE CRUISE /CRUISETOUR TICKET CONTRACT CONTAINS IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS ON THE RIGHTS OF PASSENGERS. Among

other things, any disputes between you and Royal Caribbean International must take place in Miami/Dade County, Florida and must be filed within a certain period of time. By

purchasing/redeeming this certificate, the purchaser/holder agrees that prior to being allowed to board the vessel, he or she must sign Royal Caribbean Internationalss applicable

cruise/cruisetour ticket contract and be bound by all such terms and conditions.

This may help those that are still questioning things.

We spoke with the Loyalty Ambassador on the Vision and booked the next cruise booking promo. Now I'm confused. We were told it didn't expire and now I read:

"Bookings must be made within 30 days of certificate issue"

Any thoughts on that one?

We spoke with the Loyalty Ambassador on the Vision and booked the next cruise booking promo. Now I'm confused. We were told it didn't expire and now I read:

"Bookings must be made within 30 days of certificate issue"

Any thoughts on that one?

If YOU book a NextCruise booking while on board using your/husbands name while on a ship then it is good indefinitely or until you book a specific cruise.

The 30 day Certificates are for family and friends who want to do the same cruise as you do. They must use these Certificates within 30 days of them being issued. You can get these certificates from the LA while on board when making your NextCruise booking.

We put money on a future cruise while on RCCL we didn't book. Does anyone know if we were to book a Celebrity cruise could we use the future cruise downpayment for that cruise??? Thanks for your help

Unfortunately you can not. The OBC set up for booking a NextCruise while on board any RCI ship is based on length of cruise.

For booking a NextCruise while on board any Celebrity ship, the OBC is based on total cruise fare.

If YOU book a NextCruise booking while on board using your/husbands name while on a ship then it is good indefinitely or until you book a specific cruise.

The 30 day Certificates are for family and friends who want to do the same cruise as you do. They must use these Certificates within 30 days of them being issued. You can get these certificates from the LA while on board when making your NextCruise booking.

Even though the LA entered an issue date of 11/10/07? That doesn't mean the certificates would have to be used within 30 days of issuance?

There is no expiration on the Next Cruise Confirmation. There use to be that it had to be used in 3 yrs, but now it's no expiration date at all. The friends certificates have to be used in 30 days, they are not the same as your Next Cruise Confirmation.

We also just booked one of the future (unknown) cruises while on a recent cruise. After getting home, I'm hearing that some people paid $100 and some paid $200 but that you still get the same credit in the future. I've been told I was "had" and should have actually gotten 2 certificates since we paid $200. But we were understanding it to be a $100 down pmt. each, which would come off the price of the future cruise when booked, and there would be "up to" a $200 on board credit per cabin. Am I misunderstanding all this now and was I "had"?

Diane

No! You were not had, You pay $100.00 per person listed on the certificate. If you only put one name on a cert., then you would only pay $100.00. If you have 2 names on the cert. it is $100.00 x2. The payment will come off the total cost of the cruise deposit, so whether you pay 100. or 200. it is deducted from the cost of the cruise you book. You could of just used one name on each cert. and got the 2 cert. for $100.00 each. But since you used 2 names on the one cert., you paid the $200.00 that way. Either way the $200.00 is coming off the balance of your cruise total.

Next Cruises do not have an expiration date. When they first came out they did but RCCL did away with that. I just used 2 Next Cruises that were 5 months old to book 2 cruises and I have others to use for cruises next year. You can put just 100.00 down with your name on it and add guests later:)

We received two booking numbers since we (DH and me) each booked. We also received two certificates for each booking number, which as I understand is for anyone who would like to take the same cruise with us and they too would get the OBC.

So am I correct in understanding I can book two separate cruises at any time in the future and I already have a $100 deposit for each cruise. I would then receive the appropriate OBC depending on the length of the cruise. Then I can offer the certificates (2) to others and they need to book the cruise within 30 days of my booking (?) and that booking would be entitled to the same OBC.

It appears to be a great offer and you have nothing to lose. If no one goes with you on the cruise the additional certificates are null and void but it didn't cost anything. We already have a cruise booked for May 08 and I just wish I could use this deposit and OBC towards that cruise!

Thanks for any clarification

We received two booking numbers since we (DH and me) each booked. We also received two certificates for each booking number, which as I understand is for anyone who would like to take the same cruise with us and they too would get the OBC.

So am I correct in understanding I can book two separate cruises at any time in the future and I already have a $100 deposit for each cruise. I would then receive the appropriate OBC depending on the length of the cruise. Then I can offer the certificates (2) to others and they need to book the cruise within 30 days of my booking (?) and that booking would be entitled to the same OBC.

It appears to be a great offer and you have nothing to lose. If no one goes with you on the cruise the additional certificates are null and void but it didn't cost anything. We already have a cruise booked for May 08 and I just wish I could use this deposit and OBC towards that cruise!

Thanks for any clarification

If you received two booking numbers than, yes, you can use them on two future cruises and the OBC will be determined by the length of the cruise. Each name on each NextCruise booking must appear when a definite cruise is booked.

The Certificates for friends that you received when you made your NextCruise booking must be used within 30 days of issuance......which would be 30 days from when you received them on the ship. If they are used within this time frame then the OBC will be applied.

The Certificates for friends that you received when you made your NextCruise booking must be used within 30 days of issuance......which would be 30 days from when you received them on the ship. If they are used within this time frame then the OBC will be applied.

See that's what I don't understand. The friends certificates must be used with one of the NextCruise booking, which has an indefinite date. So basically the friends certificates will most likely expire, right?

See that's what I don't understand. The friends certificates must be used with one of the NextCruise booking, which has an indefinite date. So basically the friends certificates will most likely expire, right?

Unfortunately, yes they do. Your friends would have to make a decision and use those certificates up within the 30 days.

Since I am not that familiar with Certificates for Friends, I am going to find out the answer for you. Stay tuned.

Unfortunately, yes they do. Your friends would have to make a decision and use those certificates up within the 30 days.

Since I am not that familiar with Certificates for Friends, I am going to find out the answer for you. Stay tuned.

I wrote to Collete Sa Joe (the LA on the Vision) - just guessed at her email address, but haven't heard back as yet.

Just so you are aware of what we were told, the Certificates for Friends must be used on the same cruise we would be booking. So that would mean we would have to book the cruise within 30 days. That doesn't make any sense to me. The certificates are just a ploy to make you book a cruise sooner. Or, the only way I can see getting around it is to book a cruise for the heck of it with the booking number I was given and have friends/family book the same cruise and use the certificate. I realize if we kept changing that cruise and keep the booking number, the deposit/OBC will follow. Would that occur with the friends/family also?

I wrote to Collete Sa Joe (the LA on the Vision) - just guessed at her email address, but haven't heard back as yet.

Just so you are aware of what we were told, the Certificates for Friends must be used on the same cruise we would be booking. So that would mean we would have to book the cruise within 30 days. That doesn't make any sense to me. The certificates are just a ploy to make you book a cruise sooner. Or, the only way I can see getting around it is to book a cruise for the heck of it with the booking number I was given and have friends/family book the same cruise and use the certificate. I realize if we kept changing that cruise and keep the booking number, the deposit/OBC will follow. Would that occur with the friends/family also?

You're right...........I have emailed my contact at C&A regarding NextCruise questions.

I have a feeling that those Certificates for friends/family would only be good if you were booking a specific cruise and you knew that your friends/family wanted to go.

It would make no sense to get them when doing a NextCruise because of their expiration date.

As long as you keep your same booking number when changing a ship/sailing date..............everything that is attached to it is supposed to stay with it.........that goes for anybody.

I will let you know as soon as I hear from Aaron. He hasn't failed me yet. :)

Here is the response I received about the Certificates for family and friends.....

Hi Patti:

I definitely do not think that of you and being inquisitive is not a bad thing. If there are questions that need answered I am happy to answer them. There has been some confusion on the certificates and the 30 day expiration on them. The friends and family certificates are good for 30 days after a ship and saildate have been confirmed on the NextCruise booking.

I hope this clears up the latest confusion. Have a great day!

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Here is the response I received about the Certificates for family and friends.....

Hi Patti:

I definitely do not think that of you and being inquisitive is not a bad thing. If there are questions that need answered I am happy to answer them. There has been some confusion on the certificates and the 30 day expiration on them. The friends and family certificates are good for 30 days after a ship and saildate have been confirmed on the NextCruise booking.

I hope this clears up the latest confusion. Have a great day!

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Woohoo, I think!

Patti,

So if I book a cruise on June 18th, 2008 which sails on August 21st, 2009 (hypothetical) I can offer each certificate to two other people to book the same exact cruise by July 18th 2008 and they will each receive the OBC per cabin?

If that's the case, that's what I thought to begin with and reading the small print just confused the heck out of me!

Karen

Woohoo, I think!

Patti,

So if I book a cruise on June 18th, 2008 which sails on August 21st, 2009 (hypothetical) I can offer each certificate to two other people to book the same exact cruise by July 18th 2008 and they will each receive the OBC per cabin?

If that's the case, that's what I thought to begin with and reading the small print just confused the heck out of me!

Karen

Yep, that's how I understood Aaron's email. But I would definitely print that response I received and carry it with you when booking a cruise. Sometimes we have to educate the LA's! :D

Yep, that's how I understood Aaron's email. But I would definitely print that response I received and carry it with you when booking a cruise. Sometimes we have to educate the LA's! :D

Thank you so much for your assistance and knowledge.

Karen

Thank you all for your help! I'm sure glad that I wasn't the only one that was confused. I certainly understood it when I bought it, but then listening to some other people, I began to get so confused! So, all in all, I have what I thought I had......I'll use it the way I thought I would, and it's all relative whether I put 1 or 2 of us on it in the beginning! :) :rolleyes:

Diane

You're very welcome................but you watch........now that we understand what's going on.........they will go and change it again!!

Patti-

You have such a wealth of knowledge about RCCL. I always learn sooo much from you.

I nominate you for our unofficial CC LA. (lol)

Debbi

Archived