Guidebook

sinclair

• 4 weeks later...

We have EyeWitness Norway, and honestly I don't really like it all that much. The big draw in Norway is the nature, which doesn't really lend itself to the kind of drawn maps and diagrams used in the EyeWitness books.

Lonely Planet Norway is good for getting around, but if you're cruising, you probably don't need that.

For a lot of areas we do have guidebooks, but if I could make a suggestion it would be to utilize the on line web sites for Greenland and for Iceland. We enjoyed our stop in Greenland but there is really not too much to do there so I really would not make an investment in a guide book and for Iceland while there is more to do again I think you would do far better searching on line. And, again this is coming from someone who enjoys buying guidebooks for places that we will visit.

Keith

We do the same Big Al when we have travelled to the USA Asia Caribbean Pacific areas I photocopied the pages from the travel guides from our local library. That way we only take only relevant information when we leave an area toss the papers away less weight to travel with. At the moment I have pages and pages copied that I will then cut out just the bits I need and put them on one sheet or as many as i need.

Will catch up with you on the Eurodam

Margaret

Australia:)

Archived