Questions RE: hottubs

HighSeaslover

We are sailing on the Jewel on January 18th and my husband and me love to get into the hot tubs right before we retire for the night. Are NCL's hot tubs open at night? Carnivals are not, but RCCL has theirs open all the time unless closed for cleaning but they only will close one at a time.

Guest Anorak33

On Gem recently like Pearl last year they closed them in the evening and reopened them at 06.45 the next morning.

I don't find they are hot like they used to be on older cruise ships, too many health problems maybe?

I had a bit of an contretemps with reception last year on Pearl when I queried the low temperature ( about 80) at the beginning of the cruise. The girl on reception told me it was because the sun wasn't shining, and she was serious! But of course wrong.

They seem to hover around 93 these days, used to be 104 on older ships just a few years ago, 15 minutes and I would have to get out and sit on the side for a while.

It was wonderful...

Archived