Another Smuggling Question

Hayward2

OK, proud closet drink smuggeler standing up to say..."I too, have in the past and will again smuggle!" There, yes, I have a smuggling problem. No, I don't have a drinking problem, yes, I'm on vacation, so I drink. No problem:) No I probably won't drink for breakfast...but If I want to I will..and I can't figure out why people care about that. Now, any other genius smuggling ideas? please email me...DSikkenga@aol.com !!

It may very well have an effect in pricing other pax have to pay to make up lost revenue of smugglers, so yes that is why people care . Just a question, How would you feel if you spent several thousand for your cruise only to be denied boarding due to having been caught, just so save a few dollars. I do not wish for it to happen to anyone, but I would love to be standing there with the camera. How proud of yourself would you be then??

Just wondering if anyone has ever actually seen someone denied boarding due to smuggling. Or kicked off the ship. The reason I ask is because at original boarding, bags are taken at the curb by porters (usually) and loaded on the ship in bulk. So, they can't check the bags right off. I've heard of people being called down to get their bags, but if you waited until after the ship sails, be kind of hard to get thrown off.

Of course, it you pack it in your carry-on, it's a whole different story.

Thanks for all the posts Your input was very interesting and I had many laughs. In the final analysis, I have determined that RC may not be the cruise line for me. If I have to smuggle alochol and hide it my room just to be able to sit on my balcony and have a drink without running to the bar, I really don't want to be made to feel like a child hiding something on a vacation that I have paid for. I will take my business to a different cruise line that will treat me like an adult. Thanks all for your advise.

Thanks for all the posts Your input was very interesting and I had many laughs. In the final analysis, I have determined that RC may not be the cruise line for me. If I have to smuggle alochol and hide it my room just to be able to sit on my balcony and have a drink without running to the bar, I really don't want to be made to feel like a child hiding something on a vacation that I have paid for. I will take my business to a different cruise line that will treat me like an adult. Thanks all for your advise.

You can always call room service, even from a bar and arrange it to be delivered when you plan on being in your cabin :D

###

At least you are honest about your feelings. Obviously you have not made your final decision yet as you say RCI "may" not be the cruise line for you. I do not agree with RCI either, however its their business to run as they wish. Personally , I can walk (not run) to a bar within several hundred feet of my cabin to get a drink, or think ahead enough to have my bucket of beers on ice waiting for me, or stop at the bar on my way from the pool , or where ever and get a few shots of my favorite booze in a glass, then put in my ice, when I want to. To some people this is even a big deal, that is ok, too. If you do decide not to cruise on RCI in the future, good luck.

Go to rum runner flasks. They sell sturdy plastic flasks that are not detectable to cruise ship security. Expect your checked bags to be searched at the airport because that security can detect the bags with liquid.

www.rumrunnerflasks.com

I have no problem breaking the "Rules" and bringing alcohol on board. :)

why would these not be detectable?

I heard that Carnival now offers bottles sent to the room. You can not order them on line but if you call the Bon Voyage department they will be in your cabin when you arrive. My understanding is they aren't to outrageously priced either. :D

veteran smuggler here! Last year on the Carnival forum I went back and forth with a few anti-smugglers and realized that in the end does it really matter what they think? NO! I don't mind overpaying for booze...do it all the time, however, I don't like doing it for 7 days straight! I will offset my bar tab and get great joy doing it...not because I got away with something but being true to myself...being frugal. This spring I plan on having a nice coctail in my cabin before dinner either from the bar or from my suitcase!

Enjoy your own my fellow "smugglers"!

Well we are glad we are cruising with you..........now I know where to get my pre dinner drink...LOL :D

When we go ashore I always have a large insulated water bottle with me. When we reboard, sometimes I'm asked to put it on the conveyor, sometimes not. When they look at it I just say "it's water, would you like me to open it" and I'm always told no. It is in fact water but I'm always suprised that they don't want me to open it because it's a "wide mouth" and I could have put anything in there. :eek:

why would these not be detectable?

I guess RC looks for things in the shape of a bottle. Its that, and not the actual liquid, that causes the search of your bags. These things just look like plastic bags. I had NO problem getting 4 large bags onboard, each held 2 full bottles of either wine or liquor.

• 3 weeks later...
Sure its the cruise lines fault.

Let me ask you several questions: how would you add to their coffers if you would be allowed to bring alcohol onboard? You probably would bring more alcohol onboard if allowed. So if at all, you'd be spending less onboard.

Then you say that you don't like putting alcohol in your luggage. How would you bring alcohol onboard if you were allowed? Carry on? How many bottles? 2, 3, 4? I bet, the first time you stand in line and you carry bottles of liqueur as a carry on it will be the last time, especially if you are delayed and you have to stand a while longer in line. So where would the bottles go the next time? In your luggage.

Your next reason is that you want to have a drink in your room. I hear that all the time. There is no no-alcohol-in-staterooms rule. You can have a drink anytime in your room. Most bars are open until 2 or 3 am. Get a drink there and take it to your room. Thats what I do. It is not even an inconvenience.

Every reason you and others have given are easy to contradict. Even the money saving reason didn't work. In another thread a smuggler and I have discovered that if you drink a bottle of liqueur through a 5 Night cruise (mixed as drinks) you'd save about $20 per day if you smuggle the liqueur onboard instead of buying mixed drinks onboard.

So, $20/day is such a great reason to break the rules?

So, what is the reason for smuggling? The thrill? Looking cool? Showing "oh I can beat the authorities"?

I just don't see any other reason.

Well as two college students, yes, $20 a day is a big difference for us! That's $140 each saved for the week. Wooo hoooo :D

On our last Monarch cruise we were told by the porter getting our luggage out of the car to make sure that any alcohol was in our checked luggage. These were the first words he said to us. :eek:

We all know that the rules have changed and it is clear in the docs as to what the currently policy is HOWEVER I believe what many want to to know is what is currently happeneing to those bringing alcohol in their checked luggage.

Ideal replys would look like this: :D

Freedom of the Seas

9/24/2007

Checked Luggage

Tequilla in flask & Margarita Mix in original bottle

(I love On The Border Lite Margarita Mix, 5 calories a serving, not 100's)

Not a word said

Left in cabin in plain site.

Maybe those doing the name calling have already had a few coctails or might relax if they did, hehe.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I guess your daugter doesn't know the rules either, huh?? It could not have been served , or charged to her unless she asked for it. If it was without your permission, or if you do not agree with her drinking at 19, then maybe you should have a chat with her first. It may be procedure for RCI to card, but why is she asking in the first place??

Just thought I would throw this out there. When I was 17 I cruised with my parents and bestfriend (also 17). We had coke cards and the coke bottle. We had two holes punched in our cards, which at the time meant we were under 18. We walked up to the pool bar and asked for coke. ONLY coke and nothing else...not even hinted at anything else. The bar tender then said, "is that it?" and grinned at us. We said, " and some rum?" and sure enough he gave us both a coke and rum. So it CAN be served without us first asking for it.

Archived