Questions on Sun Princess

R & C

We are a couple of Aussies booked on the 75 day World Cruise 14 July 08 & would like to know a couple of things pls.

We have cruised many times around the Pacific with other lines & twice on Tahitian Princess from Hawaii to Tahiti & all of Tahiti's islands.

But never been to Alaska or America.

Could someone pls let us know what the temp is (celsius pls) & what is weather like in Aug for both places pls - will we need really warm clothes Jumpers (pullovers) & trackies (sweat pants) & thick coats or will light clothes be ok??

We are in a balcony cabin 333 on Aloha deck - is there enough room to store 3 large bags & 2 carry ons??

Does anyone have pictures of these cabins.

Also any other info would be very much appreciated.

Your cases will find under the bed on the Sun...she is a great ship (we have sailed her 4 times and her sistership, the Sea, once).

Also, if you go to the Princess website, you and look up the various ports of call, they have detailed weather information for all ports.....check it here.....I assume that this is what you call "World cruise"?

http://www.princess.com/pb/weatherDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=S814&tourCode=&resType=C&productCode=WPS750&departureDate=Jul+14%2C+2008&productDesc=Grand+Pacific+World+Cruise++++Roundtrip+Sydney++75+Nights+++

LUCKY YOU!!! 75 days would be wonderful. I am sure you will have a great time. I can tell you temps in Fahrenheit in Alaska in July - we were just there this past July. There are many people who know way more than I do on the subject but can tell you the temps when we were there.

It averaged between 50s-60s during the day, cooler at night. While the ship is moving it was quite chilly of course. I believe Glacier Bay was probably the coldest day - starting in the upper 30s but rebounding to the 50s approximately. Juneau was rainy and nasty and our excursion was cancelled.

Layering is best. Hope this helps a little but you will get a lot of info. You also might try the Alaska board as there are many many experts over there, especially Budget Queen. Check it out.

Oh and we have been on the Sun Princess 3 times and LOVED it. It is one of our favorite ships. We were on Caribe and Baja but do not have experience with Aloha.

Weather in Alaska is VERY variable. It was about 50 on the water, but once it port, it could be anywhere from 50 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. We were on the Old, Old Sun Princess in 1982 for our honeymoon. Because it was cool on the water, we dressed warmly to go on a flight over the icecap and then to the Taku River Lodge for a salmon bake. It was 80 degrees at the Taku River.

Dress in layers so you can peel if necessary.

Also be sure to bring your raincoats and umbrellas. Most of what you visit from a ship in Alaska is in the rain forest. It rains a lot there.

Roberta

.........But never been to Alaska or America.

Could someone pls let us know what the temp is (celsius pls) & what is weather like in Aug for both places pls - will we need really warm clothes Jumpers (pullovers) & trackies (sweat pants) & thick coats or will light clothes be ok??.................

I find this site helpful in researching that kind of information. Besides temp info it also provides precipitation information.

http://www.*****.com/cruise_port/Alaska.cfm

http://www.*****.com/cruise_port/United_States_(Continental).cfm

Archived