Sun versus Spirit?

Fyly

hello,

I was ready to book a 5 days on the Jewel and my DH decided that a 7 day cruise could be oK.

I am looking at 2 itineraries going to Central America for under $1000 for a balcony or suite.

My options are the Spirit out of New Orleans or the Sun out of Port Lauderdale.

The official CC review for both cruise are OK, but the CC travelers reviews are far from being unanimous, especially when it comes to the food quality. I am not expecting the 'french laundry' type of food, but I don;t want hospital food either. I'd be happy with 'Bravo', 'PF Chang' chain type food.

As for Service, i feel that staff reaction often comes from my own attitude, so i am not too worried about that.

On the Sun we could get a minisuite, but not on the spirit.

Do you have any comments?

Thanks,

Fyly

you are right, you can't get a mini-suite on the spirit, they don't have them:eek: . i am looking forward to the cruise in 3 weeks...yes, for the ship..we haven't been on her yet (have been on the NCL star) and the ports. the spirit has fewer dining venues then the star, but i don't think we will find that a problem. NCL food is fine, DH looked over the menus..last night...and announced he was ready to cruise. he loved the beef wellington on our last cruise. we got a great price for the spirit, plus we can drive down there...no flights.

I would be leaning more towards the port you can get to easier. For us it would a drive to New Orleans vs flight to FLL. Might not make too much difference for you.

We have sailed both and liked the Spirit a little more. Not a big difference. Add in the ports, number of days and where you board to help make the decision. Difference between balcony and mini-suite is not a big deal for what they charge.

Archived