Dancing The Night Away

etrainer1

Ellen.....I will probably be hanging out in the Disco area. That just happens to be my era and quite frankly I don't know why it isn't still popular....People still use it for excercise, on cruise ships, in South Beach, etc. I am often seen in my Miata "chair dancing" down the street!! I know I'm older (40's) but still 21 in my head!! Nancy:cool:

Ellen.....I will probably be hanging out in the Disco area. That just happens to be my era and quite frankly I don't know why it isn't still popular....People still use it for excercise, on cruise ships, in South Beach, etc. I am often seen in my Miata "chair dancing" down the street!! I know I'm older (40's) but still 21 in my head!! Nancy:cool:

nancy, i am a bit older than you, and the 70's was my era too! still love disco and club music and dancing, and i am hoping there will be this type of music on the oosterdam when i sail in january! i was just wondering if this music still exists on this ship.:rolleyes:

I think all the ships have a nightly theme, like Disco, 50s Sock Hop, Western. The theme music and dancing lasts about a hour then they take requests.

It's lots of fun and they often have give aways - DH and I won 2 bottles of champange on the Noordam.

I think all the ships have a nightly theme, like Disco, 50s Sock Hop, Western. The theme music and dancing lasts about a hour then they take requests.

It's lots of fun and they often have give aways - DH and I won 2 bottles of champange on the Noordam.

joni;

for which type of dancing?:)

joni;

for which type of dancing?:)

We didn't win for our dancing skills even though we love dancing. I forget what the theme was but it was on our first formal night (night 2 of the cruise) so everyone was dressed up. DH won the first one where one of the cruise staff was blindfolded while another gave her directions to move on the dance floor when the directions were over who ever was standing closest to her won the bottle. Whitney was nose to nose with Brent.

Next they had music trivia questions and we purposely didn't try so as not be be greedy. We sat our for awhile and then "Devil with the Blue Dress On" was playing and I had a royal blue coctail dress on so we got up again. On this final questions you had to know all the names of the cruse staff. When everyone else just stood there I shouted them all out.

I guess I was the Devil :) Later different people told me they knew I would win cause of the dress. Very fun evening....

We didn't win for our dancing skills even though we love dancing. I forget what the theme was but it was on our first formal night (night 2 of the cruise) so everyone was dressed up. DH won the first one where one of the cruise staff was blindfolded while another gave her directions to move on the dance floor when the directions were over who ever was standing closest to her won the bottle. Whitney was nose to nose with Brent.

Next they had music trivia questions and we purposely didn't try so as not be be greedy. We sat our for awhile and then "Devil with the Blue Dress On" was playing and I had a royal blue coctail dress on so we got up again. On this final questions you had to know all the names of the cruse staff. When everyone else just stood there I shouted them all out.

I guess I was the Devil :) Later different people told me they knew I would win cause of the dress. Very fun evening....

sounds like lots of fun!!

We were on the Maasdam several years ago, the Maasdam is a really nice ship, but the music in all the lounges and clubs would put you to sleep in a heartbeat. :( . I don't like Acid or Heavy metal music by any means, but swing, hum&strum and big band is dullsville for us.. That's the biggest reason we've not sailed HAL since. Some friends told us that at least on the "Z" they had 60s-70s-80s, country western and hip-hop and karaoke. :) . That being the case I will start dancing on DOC day and not quit until we get home. :) :p :D Bombero... Oosterdam, Oct 24th..

I"ve been on 3 different ships and all had a theme night for an hour or so then requests. This was in the Crows Nest, except on the Noordam which was in the Horn Pipe - just look in the daily program. I have not seen Karaoke on any HAL ships - mabye only the newest ones.

We prefer the dancing in the Ocean Lounge.. the music is more of the ballroom dancing style with some more modern thrown in.. visited the Oosterdam for a few hours on a promotion deal, there were several dancing venues on board including the Ocean Lounge. The Ryndam has a larger dance floor than the other S classes.. we liked it the most..

Archived