Shark-Ray Snorkel - awesome or totally insane?

Isailaway

Thanks for the information, guys! I'll check it out.

Well, we're back from the Miracle, and we had a great time. We especially enjoyed the Coral Breeze excursion. We were hooked up with Heni, Karim, Mark and Joel. They were awesome. We even saw an octupus and a morray eel while snorkeling!! How cool is that?

Unfortunately, at the Stingray/Shark portion of the excursion, we didn't see any sharks, but that's not their fault. They can't control the ocean! But we did see lots of stingrays, and we even saw the most ginormous barracuda I've ever seen. It was monsterous. Had I seen him while snorkeling, I may have had the big one right there. Seriously.

But really, we had a great time, and I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Now I'll check out the Carnival Love Stories thing. :)

ps- Travgurl- I told Heni you said hello, she said she remembered you and your family! I told her that you would be back on the Valor and she was very excited to hear that. She sends her hellos!

Unfortunately, at the Stingray/Shark portion of the excursion, we didn't see any sharks, but that's not their fault.

If you're ever in Nassau you should definitely go with Stuart Cove's. You'll be guaranteed to see sharks, lots of them, and after everyone gets out of the water they throw bait to the sharks, very cool!! Based on what I've read it seems as if it can be hit or miss with Shark Alley in Belize. We were in Belize a few years ago and I almost booked the Shark Alley excursion but decided against it and we're going again in March and I've been torn again between Shark Alley or something else, this time I decided on the cave tubing. If we ever get back for a third visit we'll do the Shark Alley/Caye Caulker tour with Coral Breeze.

Jeanne- If you've never cave tubed before in Belize, I'd highly reccomend that over the snorkeling for an excursion. This was my second time to Belize, so we simply wanted to try something different, so we went the snorkeling route. Not that it's bad, it's just well, snorkeling. :p The cave tubing is something that is hard to find anywhere outside of Belize, so to me, it's a must do while you're there. I did, however, have a fabulous time with Coral Breeze, and we saw things I've never seen in many, many snorkeling trips (octupus and morray eel), so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They have a great operation.

Thanks for the suggestions for Nassau. I'm sure that my future travels will take me there again, and I'd love to try that out.

Let me know if you'd like a recommendation for a cave tubing company. The one we used was excellent. I'd use them again in a second.

We're booked with cave-tubing.com, who did you use?

The main reason I chose the cave tubing over the snorkeling is for the reason you mentioned, it's not something easily found and we can snorkel just about anywhere (and we're pretty avid snorkelers so we've done plenty of snorkeling). I'm excited, I think the cave tubing will be a fun and unique experience!!

Archived