3 Person extra charge...

beachbum84

Quick Question...i'm booked in a great room for Jewel of the Seas in March. Problem is, its a 3 person room and as it turns out it seems only two will be in the room as the 3rd has decided not to go. Will i get charged for a 3rd person or be charged a fee if only 2 stay in the room? I don't want to change rooms unless i have to so i'm not sure what to do! Please help! :)

It should be no problem cancelling the 3rd person. You are well outside the penalty time frame. The cruise line may move you to a different cabin though if they have a shortage of triple cabins and a high demand for them. Call RCCL or your TA and find out, they may get you a cabin close by that meets your needs or maybe even give you an upgrade.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

Not to worry....

You have until about 7 days prior to sail to be able to "drop" 3rd/4th passengers w/o being charged a cancellation fee...

at least if you booked directly w/RCCL

if you booked w/a travel agency it would depend on their cancellation policy what refund would be involved.

Carolyn

Not to worry....

You have until about 7 days prior to sail to be able to "drop" 3rd/4th passengers w/o being charged a cancellation fee...

Carolyn

I'm not sure if you're right about that. I would tend to think the standard cancellation charges would also apply to 3rd/4th passengers as it would to 1st/2nd. I would get a reading from the cruise line before I took that to the bank.

Reggie:D

Reggie,

I DO know about this... since I'm booked in a triple/quad for a 10 night sailing.. I WILL be buying insurance for the cabin BUT I've got an invalid mother w/new help at home and "if" things aren't quite up to par a week before sailing I'll be cancelling... I won't be covered from the insurance BUT I questioned RCCL several times and was told that we'd just get back the 4th passenger amount.. no penalty...

Got it STRAIGHT from RCCL since I'M the agent on record.

Hope this helps... but I'd check it out again from whomever they booked with.

Carolyn

Archived