Best Excursion Options at CC for litttle kids

travelmommy75

I am a new poster and a new Disney cruise traveler. We are traveling in Jan on a quick 3 night. I am excited to bring the kids, but want to make sure I am booking the right excursions.

Our kids are 6 and 4 and I am looking for advice on what is the best thing to do while at Castaway Cay. Obviously they can't snorkel and stuff. What have others done? Thank you for your help.

I am a new poster and a new Disney cruise traveler. We are traveling in Jan on a quick 3 night. I am excited to bring the kids, but want to make sure I am booking the right excursions.

Our kids are 6 and 4 and I am looking for advice on what is the best thing to do while at Castaway Cay. Obviously they can't snorkel and stuff. What have others done? Thank you for your help.

hi,

well one thing is, if they like the clubs on board the kids club does have an area for games and activities they can sign up for ahead of time or just general play time. You can check them in for an hour or 4 hours, it is up to you. many leave the kids for just a coupleof hours so mom and dad can relax on the adult beach for a bit.

also they have bikes to rent. they have kids bikes with and without training wheels and helmets. also adult bikes with baby seats. There are 2 bike paths to rid eon. the first one along the runway is nice smooth and has an observaton tower where you can get off the bikes, go up it and enjoy the view. Plus look down around the base area of the tower to see whimsical stork creations for your enjoyement.

With as young as your kids are they probably shouldnt try to ride over to the other path, it is farther away and a bumpy path type trail.

At the family beach area it is shallow for along ways out so you can allow some safe water play with your supervision and lots of sand and you can buy beach toys there or bring your own.

also the grouper game room has a giant connect four game they may enjoy.

There are 2 person paddle boats with life jackets where you could take out one at a time and paddle around the lagoon area.

dont remember the cost but it wasnt much for 30 minutes.

also if you don't mind paying for an excursion there is a glass bottom boat where they can enjoy seeing tropical fish for a couple of hours. only draw back is there are NO seats so you must stand the entire trip and it may be a bit bouncy depending on the weather.

At Nassau, The aquarium at Atlantis is AWESOME!! not your typical aquarium.

the tour moves fast, but you can go back through at your own pace afterwards, just show your wrist bands at the entrance.

also just at the first street at the end of the pier is a horse and carriage ride. You can get different prices for different distances. The driver will narrate the ride but their is noise from the traffic so it is hard to hear him. still a nice change of pace and fun for young kids to do.

mom x4,grandma 4

Archived