shorts

David2115

Angela,

at last - someone with the same approach to breakfast as myself!!!!! Except for the "nearly" bit.

Jimmy

It was just a few bits of fruit--the REAL food was gone before I remembered I was supposed to upset that they had brought me cold food.....Oh wait, they didn't!

We marked nearly everything on the card, and I accidently ate my husband's potatoes. Well, they were right next to mine, I couldn't tell the difference.

I want to put in a good word for QM2 room service breakfast. The hot things were hot and the cold things were cold. We ordered so much food it wouldn't fit on the table, but we ate nearly every bite.

It wasn't on deck 12. But that's the price of travelling steerage I suppose.....

Matthew

QM,Mauretania,QE2 Caronia --- ! ie < 1975

QM2 amongst the 3000 aboard both ways TrAt May/Nov I wish! BrHH!

Oilskins maybe,but QM2 never boards a drop even Force 8,its so

much like a Florida Hotel resort!

And really no one cares,Bermuda shorts always welcome anywhere,

and the ladies still get away with 'murder' short ,short shorter the better!

Usage of the Best Index is something I use. Thats tyhe MINI ..Mini Skirt Index as we all notice when Hem Lines do come down so does the market... and Vice -a- Versa.. :eek:

QM,Mauretania,QE2 Caronia --- ! ie < 1975

QM2 amongst the 3000 aboard both ways TrAt May/Nov I wish! BrHH!

Oilskins maybe,but QM2 never boards a drop even Force 8,its so

much like a Florida Hotel resort!

And really no one cares,Bermuda shorts always welcome anywhere,

and the ladies still get away with 'murder' short ,short shorter the better!

Well,

I'm still almost three pages behind. Been on call, no time to think, never mind read!

Here is my opinion on Shorts at Breakfast in the Queen's dining rooms (as in either Queen, any dining room)

I would much rather see people wearing shorts in the dining room than NOT wearing them!

:eek::eek::eek:

Karie,

And that's all I have to say about THAT!

Karie - surely that depends on how attractive he is:p

Gavin Hastings??

Oh - sorry Malcolm. We'd already established that you're too young to remember him!

Jimmy

PS - have you already packed in your job - or are you just skiving like the rest of us?

:) :D :) :D

have you already packed in your job - or are you just skiving like the rest of us?

:) :D :) :D

My job is only very part time at best! I haven't even put my notice in yet (I intend to give them as little as possible, most of it over the Christmas holidays:D ). I actually asked for extended holiday to cover the time I'll be away about a month ago. I'm still waiting for an answer! To answer your question - I'm not really skiving - I'm just messing around before I go to Tesco!:eek:

are shorts allowed in the restaurant for breakfast or will we have to go back to cabin to change prior to leaving the ship in the caribbean

Our second time on the QM2, we've just returned from the most fabulous cruise round the Caribbean. To answer your question, yes smart shorts are perfectly acceptable in the Britannia restaurant at breakfast and lunch. Most passengers about to go ashore wore smart shorts at breakfast and those - ourselves included - returning from morning tours wore shorts at lunch as well.

David, take a quick look at our 10th Nov roll call before and after the cruise to get a flavour of just how great this trip was.

When I first sailed on the QE2 one did not wear shorts in the Mauretania. However, I think the dress code says no short shorts. I usually wear cropped trousers that come just below the knee. My friend has light trousers that can convert into cropped trousers or shorts by means of zips! That solves the problem.

Maureen

Which Tesco do you go to - I'll keep my eyes open and we may bump into one another. I spend half my life getting dragged round Tesco by Herself.

Clifton Moor - I've ended up not going! I'm going to have the fun tomorrow - just before I take both my parents to the Designer Outlet:(

both my favourite "shopping experiences" in the same day. ENJOY!!!

Thanks:( I've always said that I would never take both my parents to the Designer Outlet together. With our going away so close I don't have that luxury this time:( Taking them both shopping is like herding cats!

When I first sailed on the QE2 one did not wear shorts in the Mauretania. However, I think the dress code says no short shorts. I usually wear cropped trousers that come just below the knee. My friend has light trousers that can convert into cropped trousers or shorts by means of zips! That solves the problem.

Maureen

We asked the Britannia Restaurant Maitre d' on QE2 a few months ago if shorts were ok at breakfast, as we had an early excursion in hot weather. He was quite happy (or he was until he saw the terrible sight):eek:.

Many pairs of shorts in evidence at afternoon tea in the Queens Room as well.

Mary

We asked the Britannia Restaurant Maitre d' on QE2 a few months ago if shorts were ok at breakfast, as we had an early excursion in hot weather. He was quite happy (or he was until he saw the terrible sight):eek:.

Many pairs of shorts in evidence at afternoon tea in the Queens Room as well.

Mary

well, shorts are fine during day on the QM2 but thay didnt wear them for afternoon tea in the queens room, they did on deck and other resturants, Im surpised they allowed that on the QE2.

rob

well, shorts are fine during day on the QM2 but thay didnt wear them for afternoon tea in the queens room, they did on deck and other resturants, Im surpised they allowed that on the QE2.

rob

I have quite a few photos taken in there at random, in which a sizeable minority are in shorts (many inadvisedly;)). I'd post the proof, but in line with our government's wish to protect peoples' identities have decided against it:rolleyes:.

Mary

Archived