Weight Watchers At Work Program

CrimsonQueen

Hi all!

I am going on my second cruise on the Carnival Miracle on June 10th. I joined WW 11 weeks ago and so far have 16.2 lbs off! I am doing the flex plan. My Mom and Dad are going as well and they have both lost 60 lbs, in a little less than a year. I feel so much better since I have started. I am a little worried about the cruise, but I figure I'll choose the best I can and take the stairs a lot more than the elevators! I am also going to have fun, if I put a little on I know it will come back off.

Good luck to all of you who are on program!

Good going PGF. WW is a fantastic way of life. I can sure tell you it has made a huge difference in my life as well as a good friend and both of my daughters. It is really worth the effort. You will feel so wonderful on your cruise.

Ginny...I'm sure you are so busy at this point....getting ready for sun and fun! I can't wait to hear all about your cruise. What ports will you be visiting? Do you have anything fun and exciting planned at any of the ports?

Good luck to all of you this week!

Karla

Greeting all! While I'm not doing WW at work I am doing the WW online program. We do have a meeting at work, however my schedule just doesn't work to attend. I've been doing the online program for 4 weeks and have lost 11 lbs. My goal is to lose 75 lbs. I hope to have at least 40 - 50 gone by my cruise at the end of August.

So, good luck to all, and to Luv2Travel, I had the same problem right after Easter. I gained 3 llbs in one day and I think it was the added sodium in what I ate Easter Sunday even though I stayed within my points.

I'll be checking in, here's to a successful week for all of us! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry to have been so lax about corresponding. But to answer your question......my body is back, but my mind is still in the Caribbean!!

Our CC picture is on the front page of this website.....check us out. I'm the short, fat one in the second row.....green striped shirt.

We had a wonderful time! My favorite cruise so far, and that includes the one where I met Jay Barker (my heart throb). The weather was lovely.....and the company (two sisters, one niece and a friend) was perfect.

Well, back to reality now. Today is WWATWORK day, and I am so not looking forward to weigh-in. However I have to bite the bullet. I will post tomorrow morning, if I can pick myself up off the floor:)

I promise not to be so delinquent again!! Ginny

Hi Ginny: It is good to hear from you again. I was worried...but I didn't hear of any mishaps on a cruise ship so I thought you were probably just busy and not ready to return to "real" life! The picture looks great. Outside of me being brown haired instead of blond, you look like me! : ) We have to stick together you know.

So how bad was the WW news this week? I have been moving VERY slowly but at least I am moving in the right directlon. I am going to try very hard to loose 4 more lbs in the next 6 weeks so I can get 1/2 of my WW fees reimbursed by my work. (That will get another 10% off). Even thought I am following the program very closely the weight loss is just not moving very fast. But hey...I really need that extra $$ for our Hawaii trip.

Tell me more about your cruise when you get a chance!

Karla

You're going to make me tell you, aren't you????:o

I was up four pounds last week. However, the kicker is.......I can't seem to find my motivation since I've returned!! Where is it????

Tomorrow should have started our 3 session of WW At Work. But, as of today, I only have 8 people signed up (we need 15). Keep your fingers crossed for us.

How is your week going? Ginny

It's OK Ginny. This is our LIFE. That means we have to roll with the punches, take the ups and downs and keep plugging away. Actually 4 lbs is not that much for going on a cruise. It ALWAYS takes me a month or more to get back with the program full force. Then it takes another month or two to just get back where I was before the vacation. I'm kind of frustrated right now. I am doing what I am supposed to do and I've started walking again. But I'm just not going down much. Last week I gained .4 but I think it may have been the clothes I was wearing. But it is still frustrating that I didn't loose! I don't know what else I can do but keep working at it. Darn it....this is tough some times! At least you have a fun time on a cruise to show for your weight gain....I have nothing exciting. Keep it up. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get more people to sign up at work. We will have to deal with that again in about 5 more weeks. Have a good week!

Oh, guess what. Now I have another exciting vacation to plan for. We decided to take advantage of the free dining at WDW in September and take our 2 4yr old granddaughters! It will be easier to chase them now with weight off!

Karla

Disney again? I so envy you! I want to see the Mouse again myself!! You will have such fun with the little ones.

We didn't have enough members to make our class here, but about 2 streets over (another state building) they have an active class. I'm going to go over on Thursday (their "free" day) and start with them. I have to get this weight off. When our ship docked at Nassua, I was out of breath by the time we walked to the straw market!!!! So out of shape.

My sister called last Thursday night, and she wants to go on another cruise next year. Says we should make it a yearly event! I'm all for that, but don't know how the Saint will feel about it. I'm going to wait until about August to spring it on him:p .

Anyway, another cruise.....I've go to get this weight off........NOW!!!!

Ginny. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm so glad you are joining at the other work program. It doesn't matter as much where you are joining as it matters that you ARE participating. I'm worried we won't have enough people for our At Work program either. I guess the only thing that really means for me is that it won't be quite as convenient and I won't get reimbursed whenever I get 10% off. But hey...I only have 4 lbs to get to the 10% again and then 1 more 10% to go to get to goal...so I won't loose out on too much. I really want to loose 4 more lbs in the next 6 weeks before our session ends. I want that 10% back so I can have a little extra $ for Hawaii!

Another cruise. How wonderful for you. A year from now you will feel so much better!!! You will have to set your goal and reward yourself with something extra special on that next cruise! My dh's loves cruising so much I don't thiink he would let me go without him.

Have a great week! Oh...I lost .8 today. Not bad, but I really want more!:D

Congratulations on the loss, Karla. Any loss is good, and you are so close to goal. Even if you don't get reimbursed, knowing that you took control of your health is worth all the money.

I'm going over to the other building today. It's their 10th week "free" session, so they probably won't weigh me. However, I have to go and take a check for the next 10 weeks.

I've done so good this week. I can tell in my clothes every day that I'm losing. My goal in this next 10 weeks is to lose my 10%. That will allow me to get into the next size in my closet:D

Good luck this week! We can do this!!! Ginny

Hi Ginny:

Well, I lost .6 this week. Not as much as I would like, but not bad considering the weekend I had. 2 graduations, 1 huge graduation party I gave for my 2 daughter-in-laws and my son-in-law and a wedding and reception.

On the front page of cruise critic there is a video from our cruise. It is by Vickie and if you watch it a little ways into it you will see me sitting on a bed in a turquoise shirt. It is during the cabin crawl part of the video.

Don't know about you but I really miss that cruising! I'm trying to figure out if we can afford an Alaskan cruise next year. I guess I will start watching the deals and hoping for something good to come along.

Hope you are having a good week. Let me know how you do Thursday!

Karla

• 2 weeks later...

'Morning, Karla! I lost 5.2 pounds yesterday....was thrilled with the results but I do understand the first week or two is faster.

How are you doing! .6 is nothing to sneeze at....that's more than half a pound. Keep going, and it will eventually all come off.

I've booked a cabin on the Miracle for March 2009. I have ample time to get to goal by then......please keep encouraging me!! I need all the help I can get!

Hope to do some walking over the long holiday weekend.

Ginny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ginny. Sorry for the long delay on my posts!

FANTASTIC loss for you. WOW...over 5 lbs is amazing. I havent done too great over the past 2 weeks. The memorial day weekend was also our anniversary and there was a lot going on that weekend that involved food. I didn't do horrible but I'm at the point where if I just eat A LITTLE more than normal I gain. So I think I've probably gained about 2 lbs. It is frustrating that I can eat "on plan" for 5 days a week, eat a couple of meals that are larger or have something not as great for me in them and gain so much right back. But, I guess this ride is for the rest of my life so I have to do the best I can and keep chipping away at those pounds. We have 8 weeks till we leave for Hawaii and I would love to loose about 5 more lbs. The good news is that I can officially wear 10's again. I did't think I would ever be in that size in my lifetime. I haven't been a 10 in 20 years!!!!

How exciting that you have another cruise booked. My daughter and son-in-law were on the Miracle for their honeymoon 3 years ago. They enjoyed it.

My two lifetime dreams are to be at goal weight and to have enough money to travel about 4 times a year. Asking a lot aren't I! :D

Hope you have a great week. Keep up the great weight loss. You will get to goal before your next cruise!!!

Karla

Archived