Shuttle to port - Embassy Suites FLL or Budget

TwinCruiserMom

We are staying at the Embassy Suites FLL and renting a car from Budget so we have the option of taking the hotel shuttle or the shuttle from Budget to Port Everglades in the morning.

What is your experience with the Embassy Suites morning shuttle service? We would like to be at the port around 10:30 - 11:00.

If you have used the Budget rent a car - Quay location on 17th street - what is your experience with their shuttle service to the port?

Background - we are a family of 5 and will have a moderate amount of luggage.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Thank you for your reply. Does Budget at Quay have a good reputation for getting people quickly to the port?

Awhile back I had read a review from Embassy Suites FLL where the person had noted that the shuttle from there was great. I was wondering if they still had good service with their port shuttle and if it was fairly easy to get to the port when you wanted to.

If we keep the rental overnight, we will have to pay to park at Embassy and I believe the rate is $9.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your reply. Does Budget at Quay have a good reputation for getting people quickly to the port?

Awhile back I had read a review from Embassy Suites FLL where the person had noted that the shuttle from there was great. I was wondering if they still had good service with their port shuttle and if it was fairly easy to get to the port when you wanted to.

If we keep the rental overnight, we will have to pay to park at Embassy and I believe the rate is $9.

Any advice would be appreciated.

We have stayed at Embassy on 17th AND used Budget at Quay. We have never taken Budget's shuttle to the port. We have always used the hotels shuttle. When you check in, at Embassy, they have a sign up sheet to go to the port. We have always checked in fairly early so we have never had a problem getting the time slot we wanted.

Does your reservation at Embassy include port shuttle? I know they have that option when reserving, I'm not sure how strict they are about it.

Jillyfish

Yes, we should have use of the shuttle at Embassy Suites. I did not realize this, but when I called the hotel directly with questions I was lucky to get the manager who said that since I was using the hotel for a reward night, the shuttle was included.

I just thought it would be easier to take the hotel shuttle but was wondering how crowded it was or how timely they were about getting you to the port.

Were you happy with Budget at the Quay location? Is there a reason you did not take their shuttle? I appreciate any info about either the Embassy or Budget.

Thanks!

Hey Twincruiser!

Yes, we have been happy with Budget at the Quay location. Circumstances just never worked where we used their shuttle TO the port. (we have been picked up at the port to be brought to their location though). We have always returned the car the evening before so we didn't have to mess with it in the morning. Plus we figured it was easier to load our luggage once onto the Embassy shuttle rather than load them in the rental car, out of the rental car and then onto Budgets shuttle !! :rolleyes:

What time do you get to Fort Lauderdale? And what time of the year are you going? Like I said previously, we have never had any trouble signing up for the time we wanted to go to the port when we checked into the hotel. We have usually checked in late afternoon, or before......they usually can check you in before check in time.:) I don't ever recall them going to any other terminal than the one we were going to. They don't take any more people than they have room for, so I wouldn't say it is crowded. The lobby may have some hustle and bustle, but again, depends what time of the year you are going. It is a very short ride to the port.

I'm sure either shuttle is just fine. Just depends what works best for you. Both locations are very close to the port.

Hey Twincruiser!

Yes, we have been happy with Budget at the Quay location. Circumstances just never worked where we used their shuttle TO the port. (we have been picked up at the port to be brought to their location though). We have always returned the car the evening before so we didn't have to mess with it in the morning. Plus we figured it was easier to load our luggage once onto the Embassy shuttle rather than load them in the rental car, out of the rental car and then onto Budgets shuttle !! :rolleyes:

What time do you get to Fort Lauderdale? And what time of the year are you going? Like I said previously, we have never had any trouble signing up for the time we wanted to go to the port when we checked into the hotel. We have usually checked in late afternoon, or before......they usually can check you in before check in time.:) I don't ever recall them going to any other terminal than the one we were going to. They don't take any more people than they have room for, so I wouldn't say it is crowded. The lobby may have some hustle and bustle, but again, depends what time of the year you are going. It is a very short ride to the port.

I'm sure either shuttle is just fine. Just depends what works best for you. Both locations are very close to the port.

Thanks, Jillyfish! I had the same feeling about moving the luggage from rental car to shuttle like you, especially with 5 people in our family. And we also would rather drop the car off the evening before so we do not have that to worry about.

We will probably get to the Embassy by 3:30pm and we leave in just over a week :eek: Time is flying...

We would like to take an early shuttle - maybe around 10:15 or so. What time did you take the shuttle over to the port?

Were you happy with the Embassy Suites? I am anxious to see that place as the renovation pictures look so nice.

I will look for the shuttle sign up as soon as we get to the hotel and if the times are filled, we can always use the Budget shuttle.

Thanks so much for the insider info!

Twincruiser,

When you check in at the front desk of the hotel they will have the sign up sheet, just ask about it. I don't think you will have a problem getting the time you want, or close to it. I don't remember when we went to port but we have always gotten there before boarding, just a bit.

You may want to check Budget's hours to make sure when they close, if you are thinking of dropping the car off in the evening.

As for Embassy, we stay with points also. I would not pay the rates they show on their website. Please let us know how your stay was when you get back.

Ask for a room on the back wall. ;) 17th street, the front of the hotel is noisy allllllll night long.

I just found, tucked away on Embassy Suites website, that their shuttle service to the port does not begin until 11:15.

Thank you, that is very good to know! I was planning on making a call to them sometime this next week and now I will have some extra questions for them.

I sincerely appreciate all of your advice!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise and we just loved the Embassy Suites! That hotel is gorgeous with a beautiful atrium and fabulous pool. Considering it was free (rewards night) - WOW!!!

We were able to get the free shuttle at 10:15am to the port but only because we reserved in August. A month ago they started charging, I think, $7 per person to go to the port. We were very lucky that the manager comped our trip over because there was 5 of us. He only did that because we had a conversation back in September and he told me about the free shuttle. Very good manager for standing behind his word - I was very pleased with the personnel at this hotel - A+

The Quay location for Budget was OK. My husband had no problem with the drop off and he just walked back to the Embassy. But after the cruise we had to wait at least 30 minutes for the shuttle to show up - busy day in port. When we got the car it was a Mitsubishi Gallant which is supposed to be a full sized but has a tiny trunk. We barely crammed everything in there. We had an Impala on the way down and it was much bigger. Also, we had problems with the gas tank being only 1/2 full. DH had to go back into the office and tell them it was NOT full as they had marked on our receipt so we had to guesstimate when refilling as we only had to fill to 1/2 which was a pain. And we did not have enough gas to make it to Orlando so had to stop ahead of time. I would use them again for the convenience factor, but I would double check everything before leaving that location.

Anyone with questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived