American Airlines advance bag check??

Has anyone taken advantage of the American Airlines bag check service? This is offered out of San Juan I've heard?

How much did it cost for your luggage? Where do you arrange to do this?

Sailing on AOS Jan. 20 2008

Thanx!

We didnt do AA, we did Delta. You will get info in your cabin 1-2 days before departure, and you have to sign up for this service. I believe the cost is $20 pp, but worth it. You will get your boarding pass and luggage tags delivered to your cabin. Put the luggage out the night before, claim it in the terminal the next morning and then hand it over to AA rep in the terminal. You wont see it till you land.

San Juan is a very busy airport, you will not have to stand in line to get your boarding pass or check your luggage. It was a breeze for us. Enjoy your cruise

:) We used this program on our last Cruise disembarking in San Juan and it was great.

You will receive the info in your cabin on the second or third day of the cruise, not near the end. The Cruise line needs time to clear you with the Airline, some people may be rejected for various reasons.

Cost is listed on the info as $20 per person, however, our seapass card was only charged $15 per person for the service.

Your Boarding passes and Luggage tags are delivered to your room the evening befor departure. You put your luggage out the night befor as always, claim it at the terminal and then go to the airline reps, who are clearly marked, after going thru Imigration and Customs. You are already checked in with the airline so all you need to do is go thru the Security checkpoint at the airport and get to your gate for departure. Then with any Luck:rolleyes: you can pick up your Luggage at your final destination. It worked for us!!

The Program is called, I believe, Luggage Valet.

Do it - it works great. We did it for AA coming home from cruise in San Juan and it was so nice not to have to lug the bags to the curb, into the cab, and then through the check-in line in San Juan. Also, for the $15 or $20 charge you get your boarding passes to, so you can avoid a lengthy check-in line at the airport. You just show up at the airport with your carry ons and go right through security. Well worth the money. Have a great trip.

It works just fine. However, be sure not to pack anything of value. Last year on Serenade we used the service. Everything was fine with one exception. The AA eployees rumage through all th bags a steal your stuff. They took all of the power cords an jump cables from my bag a well as a portable DVD player stuffed in a bag inside of another bag full of dirty laundry. They also took my daughters friend's jewelry.

Before you even think to say it, I will, DO NOT PACK THIS STUFF! Yes it as my fault and we should all be aware of what happens.

Archived