CABO Q ~ Mango Deck or Medano? Need easy access/shade for seniors...

ALadyNCal

I'm going with my Mom & Step Dad on this cruise. They are both in their late 70s. She is fairly active and does fine. However, he is much less active. He IS mobile, but probably not up to strenuous things, long distance walking, or climbing in/out of the water taxis.

They won't be swimming in a pool or ocean, but would definitely enjoy a pretty beach, a chair in the shade, and lunch for a few hours.

Activities on the beach, all-inclusives, or drink specials won't be up their alley.

Given my 'restrictions', which is better for a few hours at the beach -- Medano or Mango?

Thanks!!!

Yes you can take a land taxi. Be warned though, all the bars lining Medano beach that have seating are loud and the vendors were horrible. We were there last week and it was our worst visit to Cabo ever. Not sure if we'd even get off the ship the next time. Honestly, if your parents are as you described I can't see them enjoying this experience at all. The drinks were good though.

Wow, we go to Cabo 1-2 times per year for at least 10 days each and spend alot of time on Medano! We just got back and I found the venders to respect a very polite "No thank you"

There are quite a few quieter bars if you don't want music. Just walk a little further down the beach to The Sand Bar or Tabascos. We discovered Cabo on a cruise 15 years ago and have going back ever since. We want to retire there and are looking to purchase a condo.

I know everyone has different tastes but I can't imagine staying on the shop and not enjoying the beauty of Cabo and the wonderful people who live there. It is truely our favorite place on the planet and we have travelled extensively.

Enoy and keep in mind that you are not in the US. Things move at a slower pace in Mexico. You will have fun!:)

Thanks so much for the info :)

Now I have to decide whether to make it just a beach day, or a boat cruise and then a beach day... I know 'tough choices' to make ;)

I'm sure we will go with land taxis -- I think the water taxis will be too physical for him.

Archived