Disembarking with a wheelchair - how does it work?

jimbug

Hello,

I will be cruising with my grandmother (her first cruise) on the Liberty in March. She will have a scooter for her use onboard, but we'll have to leave it on the ship, and she will need a wheelchair for disembarkation.

First, where would we go to get her that wheelchair? Secondly, will she get some sort of priority disembarkation? It would make sense to get all the wheelchair passengers off first.

Thanks for any information you all can provide!

Go to the Purser's Desk on board and they can arrange for you to get a wheelchair. They have a limited supply on the ships so make sure you do this as soon as you board.

They are supposed to take the passengers with disabilities and wheelchairs off before the other passengers. Most of the time this happens but I've been on ships where it's still a cattle call and someone forgets all about the folks with wheelchairs. They usually have those people wait in the main theatre area.

Archived