Activities When In Port

hazeleyez3

From my experience, its only the sea days that are filled with activities. In general, how low-key is RCI when in port. (I am talking actual activities, not the pool or the spa).

Your assessment of the limited amount of onboard activities that take place when the ship is in port. Since a large number of guests are off the ship and some of the cruise staff is also off enjoying a day away from the ship, there are not a lot of activities scheduled. If there were there wouldn't be very many participants. Those who look forward to staying onboard when the ship is docked usually do so in order to rest and relax, at the pool, in the spa, in their stateroom or on their balcony. If there were a substantial demand for more activities I suspect that RCI or any other line would schedule more, but lacking that groundswell of interest, I think that you will continue to find more peace and quiet than active programs when you are in port.:)

Thanks. What about the days while we are in port. I am looking at a couple 7-8 cruises for 09 as a present to my parents, and I am finding a lot with only 1 sea day.

Sorry I think I am more tired than I thought. :rolleyes: I posted the wrong pages

here is the one for the port day.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2742590540086811290itsPei

From my experience, there was always a good collection of ShipShape activities, and with less competition I think I even won first place (with bonus $$) in something. There will be a pretty good film shown in the screening room. And do not underrate the charm of stretching out at the pool when there is less noise and crowds, and plenty of well-placed deck chairs!

Is Johnny Rockets or the dining room open on port days or is only the buffet available?

All the regular food services are open, and they are delightfully uncrowded.

My experience has been that the formal dining room is NOT open for lunch on port days. Breakfast, yes (I have a big breakfast before going ashore). Lunch, no.

This is probably due to the same demand and staffing issues noted above for other activities.

Archived