Activites on Jewel on sea days

calenita

We are on the Jewel in late Feb - can't wait! - will be at sea three days. What kind of activities are on during the day at sea? DH and I went on a Celebrity cruise years ago, but we were only at sea one day, so we just lounged on deck and explored the ship. This time we have the whole family - DD13, DS11, DS7 - and I figure the kids will probably spend at least some time in the kids club - as DD says, "do they have anything for kids to do?" :)

So, what is there for 40 something adults to do - besides relax!

Thanks all!

I am sure there will lots for you to do. We leave in less than a week and we also have 3 days at sea (Jewel). I know there is a martini tasting and a margarita tasting. I plan to hit the spa once, place basketball a little and read a book!

We are also cruising with our two boys, age 5 and 7 in February on the Jewel. I plan on booking a spa packagae fpr one sea day plus hitting those fun martini clinics too. The kids have been on the Jewel before and love the kids club. The pool areas have a band playing most of the day which is nice too :)

Thanks for the responses -

2boysmom - I noticed you have been on Celebrity quite a bit. Celebrity - Galaxy - is the only other cruise we have been on. How will we find it compares to NCL? DH loved the food on Celebrity. The Galaxy cruise we went on was an anniversary cruise for us so it was adults only. This one is with the children, so we thought NCL would be more fun and we liked the ports better out of Miami.

It's been a few years since Celebrity but found the food better there in their main didning rooms. I really like "freestyle" so we don't feel pressured to a attend a set dining time. Sometimes the kids dine with us- sometimes they eat at the buffet and we dine alone. On celebrity we felt truly "pampered". Unfortunately thei itineraries are not what we are looking for right now. I have a feeling we will do Celebrity again when we go to Alaska and hopefully a ship will return to Bermuda someday. You will not be disappointed with NCL by any means, just don't expect 5 star dining unless you go to LeBistro..

Take a look at NCL's website. Check on ships, Jewel. There is a lot of stuff to do, whatever you like to do. The Jewel is my favorite; of course, it's the only ship I've been on so far. Dawn in one week! Enjoy!:)

P.S. Say Hi to O'Neil at the Great Outdoors from Barbara and Chris. He's great!

Archived