Best Beach for Snorkeling?

flipflopgirl

We are going on a cruise that stops in Antigua. My DH and I love to snorkel off-shore. We have a one year old and my parents with us. We would ultimately love to take the baby and my parents along. Can you recommend a good beach for snorkeling that isn't too far from where the cruise ships dock?

We went snorkeling on LongBay Beach. The reef is pretty far out off the beach. There are some sandy areas to stand out by the reef, but you have to swim what seemed like a long way out, before you can see any fish. The visability wasn't great either. If you are going to St.Thomas also, I would recommend doing your snorkeling there. The beach was nice though.

KT

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on a cruise that stops in Antigua. My DH and I love to snorkel off-shore. We have a one year old and my parents with us. We would ultimately love to take the baby and my parents along. Can you recommend a good beach for snorkeling that isn't too far from where the cruise ships dock?

If you ask locals, they will tell you the best snorkeling beach is Long Bay one and according to our guide, Pineapple beach is the same thing. We were not impressed at all. The beach was crowded, water relatively cold, snorkeling so-so - pour visibility and hardly any fish. Unfortunately, cannot tell you which beach is better in terms of snorkeling, but in terms of number of people and beauty Long Bay seemed inferior to any beaches that we stopped at during our tour.

Archived