HELP: TA included RCCL Insurance in final payment!!

dive-in

Look at the bright side, if you have to file a claim, now you can file two. :o

Or, is that incorrect? Better to be overinsured than underinsured!

Insurance companies love to collect premiums but hate to give out benefits; they will look for any excuse to withhold payment. My policy is no different from other policies which indicate that they will only pay the "excess" not paid by another policy for a given claim.

Don't get me wrong. You are foolish not to take out insurance; just don't be surprise if the insurance company does not fall over their feet running to put a check to you in the mail.:(

Just what I would expect from a "Damn Yankee" I guess. ;) Gotta be firm and to the point. I guess it's my fault for being a genteel southern boy.

I'm not disputing the fact that I never explicitly and firmly stated in no uncertain term that I did not want the insurance. It boils down to a he says, she says between me and the agent. My biggest disappointment was the level of service I expected. I expected her to make a note of the conversation we had about the insurance, either electronically or on a piece of paper on my reservation/folder and review it prior to the final payment. Maybe I set my expectations too high or just a sign of the times. Next time, I'll just book it online and uncheck the box to take their insurance.

I noticed by your profile your an engineer, you should of know to check, check, check... How you can fix this. Looks like the best thing to do is try to move the insurnace to a diffent cruise as one posted said.

Frankly I agree with you and a previous poster. The insurance should NEVER have been on the invoice in the first place unless you specifically requested it. The TA was wrong to automatically assume you wanted it and just added it in. I suspect they must make extra with the number of policies they sell and try to up the number of sales by automatically adding it even tho it has not specifically been asked for.

My experience with TA's is that unless I give them a definate "yes" they do not add the insurance. I fault the TA for adding it on without your permission in the first place.

I think the TA owes you some onboard credit or something...but getting it as a matter of their customer service policy.

Frankly I agree with you and a previous poster. The insurance should NEVER have been on the invoice in the first place unless you specifically requested it. The TA was wrong to automatically assume you wanted it and just added it in. I suspect they must make extra with the number of policies they sell and try to up the number of sales by automatically adding it even tho it has not specifically been asked for.

My experience with TA's is that unless I give them a definate "yes" they do not add the insurance. I fault the TA for adding it on without your permission in the first place.

I think the TA owes you some onboard credit or something...but getting it as a matter of their customer service policy.

The TA may have been wrong to put the insurance on in the first place, but they discussed the insurance, the OP knew it was initially on the policy, and should have made sure the insurance was removed. If I expect everyone to do the right thing but do not follow up on their work, then I am as guilty. The safest step is to put it in writing -- then if the TA had not removed it and it had gone through, then the OP could have asked not just for shipboard credit but for $$$$$.

Archived