CruiseAir with RCCL

aandb

We booked a cruise with RCCL and also went with their CruiseAir. We did not get Custom Air. I think there is now a waiting list for this for our cruise on March 8, 2008.

I am very worried about what air we might get and if RC will honour their guarantee that they will get us to port in time for our cruise and home on time. Please share any experience you have had with AirCruise. Hopefully me fears will be eased!!!

We booked a cruise with RCCL and also went with their CruiseAir. We did not get Custom Air. I think there is now a waiting list for this for our cruise on March 8, 2008.

I am very worried about what air we might get and if RC will honour their guarantee that they will get us to port in time for our cruise and home on time. Please share any experience you have had with AirCruise. Hopefully me fears will be eased!!!

I haven't booked air with RCCL, but I've had good luck with HAL cruiseair. For my first Alaska Inside Passage cruise, we flew from LAX to Anchorage then HAL transfer to Seward for the cruise South to Vancouver, then air from Vancouver back to LAX. This year, for the cruisetour in August, we flew from LAX to Vancouver and sailed North, then air from Anchorage back to LAX. Flight times were great & transfers included.

I do usually check what I can get airfare for independently, and if the cruisefare is close and includes transfers I go with the cruisefare.

That being said, I believe if you read the contract, you will find there is no "guarantee". They will do their best to get you to the ship and back, but they aren't responsible for the airlines schedules/delays etc. Some cruiselines do offer to pay for hotels if you are delayed, but not all.

On 6 of my 8 cruises I've booked cruise air. I didn't do custom air on every cruise and have not had a problem with it. If you've booked cruise air, they will book you on flights that will get you there on time. Now, that doesn't mean they will necessarily be the most convenient flights for you, but they will get you there.

Archived