WE've chose Carnival Legend for April '08 - tell me what we will love about it....

newenglander58

This is my 2nd cruise - DH first - the Legend seems to fit the bill for our destination requirements - Western Caribbean.

Any "not to miss" suggestions???

DH wants to know as much as he can about the food.

I'm thinking of treating myself to the spa while DH enjoys a fishing excursion.

Can't wait for April!!

Paula

We were on the Legend this past May, and loved it!!! Had a wonderful time! Wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again. Here's some pictures, some from dinner too. I enjoyed (several mornings), the Bagels & Lox, while the DW liked the Ham, Cheese, Mushroom (Extra Mushrooms) omelettes.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559145634ftuDff

Go, Enjoy yourself, and let us know what you think.

Matt

Hey Newenglander! Another New Englander here! I'm also sailing the Legend in April! I'll be on the 20th sailing. I chose it because of the itinerary and easier port (Tampa). I'm a teacher, so I have to do the 20th because of NH school vacation week.

When are you sailing? Don't forget to check out the Roll Call for whatever your sailing date is.

I love the Legend! Great ship, easy to navigate, doesn't feel crowded, friendly crew, so far she is my favorite ship.

One spot to check out is the aft Lido pool area. The pool is adults only so you usually won't see any kids back there. I have nothing against kids (have one of my own) but I do like the quiet and the fact that the pool and hot tub aren't full of jumping, screaming children.

Happy sailing!:)

I absolutely loved the Legend when I sailed on it last January. One thing not to miss: chocolate covered strawberries. You can buy them at the speciality coffee bar, and they are well worth the money!

Also, they have a fixins bar for the soft serve ice cream at one of the aft ice cream machine every afternoon. I was sad I didn't find it until my last day!

I just got off the Legend a week ago, all good things...

The coffee is my biggest complaint and most of the morning pastry is dry. Outside of that the grand majority of the food I had was excellent. The "Spa" chicken" was dry but the waiter brought me a juicy pork chop within a minute of my request for a change.

Do not miss... Music Network at Satchmo's.

Do not miss... a Miami Vice.

Do not miss... going under the Skyway Bridge at sunset.

Do not miss... the Breast Cancer walk (we raised $1640.00 last week.)

I went on the fishing excursion in Belize as did 19 others. 1 person caught a paper sized fish, others caught bait. For what is tantamount to a $2k trip they do almost every day, I sure didn't see any high tech gear on board. But it was a fun morning on the Caribbean.

Whatever you do in Belize, make sure you take some kind of excursion. The water is nice, the jungle is nice, the port city is a slum, my co-travellers were offered a human baby for $5.

We loved the ship.

I liked the interior decorations, another co-traveller hated it.

The grand majority of the staff were excellent to work with and it was a great time.

I would cruise on the Legend again in a heartbeat.

DK

Matt - thanks for the link to the pics!

Anaslile - I think we are doing April 20th as well!!

Debbie - thanks for the pool tip

WAlking.. how did you know I love sweets??

dk - great tips - DH would like to know what you paid for the fishing???

Thanks everyone - still a novice here - keep the suggestions coming!

DH would like to know what you paid for the fishing???

$99 per head via Carnival.

Belize is definately a port I would book through Carnival. My experiance with the locals would not lead me to believe that they are trustworthy.

dk

dk - another question - my husband is a "serious fisherman" - as in goes on yearly fishing trips for Salmon - etc - he wants to know if he books solo - (without me) will there be other real fisherman for him to hang with??

Again - being newbies we would stay away from booking with locals.

This is my 2nd cruise - DH first - the Legend seems to fit the bill for our destination requirements - Western Caribbean.

Can't wait for April!!

Paula

You picked a nice ship, with a good crew. Make sure you try the supper club one night. Another good thing is the port of Tampa. There is only one ship there and its the Legend.

dk - another question - my husband is a "serious fisherman" - as in goes on yearly fishing trips for Salmon - etc - he wants to know if he books solo - (without me) will there be other real fisherman for him to hang with??

Again - being newbies we would stay away from booking with locals.

I'm not a serious fisher, but there were 20 plus crew on board. The Belize trip is "Reef bottom fishing". The 20 of us were rather disapppointed in the outcome and our tips were an indication of this. There was 2 women and 1 child aboard, and there was plenty of quiet conversation and laughter. All the crew did was set anchor and rebait the hooks as there was nothing to speak of caught that day. Unfortunately they were the only game in town on Carnival's list. I don't know if it was a case of incompetancy or just the luck of the sea.

There were dolphin at one stop which could explain the lack of any thing else there.

Solo would be ok.

DK

Can't wait for April!!

Paula

Hi, we are Rhode Islanders also:D You know how it goes...either we know each other or we know someone that we both know:p We are on the April 20th cruise and so looking forward to it. Come over to the roll call:)

We were on the Legend this past May, and loved it!!! Had a wonderful time! Wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again. Here's some pictures, some from dinner too. I enjoyed (several mornings), the Bagels & Lox, while the DW liked the Ham, Cheese, Mushroom (Extra Mushrooms) omelettes.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559145634ftuDff

Go, Enjoy yourself, and let us know what you think.

Matt

Great pictures, would you mind letting me know what cabin you were in. I'm looking for someone who had 8a balcony on Main deck to see if the life boats block any views. Thanks :D

Archived