Royal Caribbean card & OBC

maria1122

How long before my cruise should I apply for the OBC using my points? And do I just call Bank of America?

You can also use the reward points towards the cost of the cruise. Call the number on the back of your card and tell them you want to cash in your reward. They will send you a coupon with instructions on the back and choices to check, which you send in to RCI with address given. For 15,000 pts. you can choose $150 OBC or $150 off your final payment. We just did that getting $300 of our cruise:cool: since DH and I both got cards.

How long - I would do it at least 1 month prior. First you have to call BOA and have them send you the certificates. They say this can take a few weeks but I have already done this twice this year and received mine in less than 1 week. After that you need to mail these certificates into RCL to apply to your reservation. You can also call RCL with the certificate numbers before sending them and they will apply then. But I would still make sure they received the actual certificates before you sail. I also make copies of my certificates and take those with me in case of any issues. I also call and follow up with RCL to make sure they have been applied.

Archived