Ochos Rios with 5 and 8 year old

lowestar

Hi,

We are going on the Coral Princess in January (10 day Panama Canal trip). Does anyone have any recommendations of things our children might enjoy in the particular port (they will be 8, and just turned 5 at time of cruise).

On a cruise two years ago, my then 6 year old did a Dolphin Experience at a different port, and loved it. She said she would like to do that again, and my 5 year olds says she wants to try it. I'm open to that, but also thought it might be nice to look at some other options!

Dunns River Falls--good for kids?

Stingray experience?

Dog Sled tour?

Others?

I'd love some feedback--thanks in advance!

T

In Jamaica, we toured with Peat Taylor. My almost 3 year old loved climbing the falls. Peat took us to the falls first and there were almost no people there. We took out time and had a blast! Others we spoke to, went on a ship tour. They said it was miserable, very crowded - no fun.

In Grand Cayman, we toured with Nativeways - our little girl loved the stingrays. The man held one up and they look like they are smiling. The it spit water at her. She still tells everyone - "that wingway miled at me, then him pit on my wimwoot".(Who can translate this?)

• Administrators
In Jamaica, we toured with Peat Taylor. My almost 3 year old loved climbing the falls. Peat took us to the falls first and there were almost no people there. We took out time and had a blast! Others we spoke to, went on a ship tour. They said it was miserable, very crowded - no fun.

In Grand Cayman, we toured with Nativeways - our little girl loved the stingrays. The man held one up and they look like they are smiling. The it spit water at her. She still tells everyone - "that wingway miled at me, then him pit on my wimwoot".(Who can translate this?)

"That stingray smiled at me, then he spit on my swimsuit." (I also speak and translate fluently phonetic spelling to grade 5). :)

Just keep the kids away from the shopping markets. You might want to consider Horse Back riding. I looked up the excursion with Rccl and they said must be 8 but if you book direct a 5 year old will be fine.

I WAS LOOKING AT THIS TRIP AS WELL, BUT RCCL WANT 12 OR OVER AND THE WEBSITES WERE AS LOW AS 5Y/O.:confused: WHATS UP WITH THAT? DO THEY HAVE DIFFERENT INSURANCE / TRIPS. AND IF THATS THE CASE WOULD IT BE OK TO GO? HAS ANYONE DONE THIS TRIP/ WAS IT FUN/SAFE...

THANKS

Archived