Beach or tour suggestions?

Babie

I'll be on the Empress OTS in a couple of weeks and have not decided on any excursions or beaches.

Do any of you know of local companies that offer inexpensive sight seeing tours?

Or even a nice beach with drink, food and restroom facilities?

Thanx!

I stopped at St. Kitts last Monday on Carnival Miracle. The Crown Princess and Ocean Village Two were also there. South Frigate Bay was the easiest beach to get to (either by water taxi or regular taxi) and therefore it was extremely crowded! There were a number of nice beach bars, though, and we were eventually able to get a pair of lounge chairs and umbrella ($10 well spent). There were a lot of vendors walking up and down the beach selling trinkets, cold beers :) pictures with a baby monkey:confused: and massages, but they weren't too aggressive or pushy. I wasn't hungry while I was there, but whatever was cooking at the Shiggidy Shack smelled pretty good!

I didn't check it out, but it sounds like Cockleshell is a nicer beach and - being 3x as far away - perhaps a bit less crowded. Of course, if you happen to be the only ship in port when you stop there, you may not find South Friar's that crowded either.

You could take Mr. X's Water Taxi from Port Zante (where the cruise ship docks) to Frigate Bay Beach. The beach has many beach bars (Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack is the Best - of course I'm bias because I work there). Many of the bars serve lunch as well. (Try our BBQ ribs, Mahi Mahi, Shrimp and many kinds of burgers). The water taxi will bring you back to the ship at the end of the day. Cost is $10US round trip.

Most of the sight seeing tours are done by taxi drivers. The cost of the tour depends on the number of people and there really isn't an inexpensive company and most of the drivers all charge the same amount. If you plan an excursion, it must be booked through the ship, but if you just want a tour, you can hire a taxi on your own and it will be cheaper than a prearranged tour through the ship.

Paula

Thanx, Paula!

Sounds perfect! I may see you in a couple weeks, then!

If you see a loud guy with bright pink hair, just say "Hey Babie" :D

Archived