One time use vs very cheap dig?

RogerandChris

Hi,

My wife wants to pick up a one time use camere (we have a good digital) just to take some shots with. I really don't know her motivation but with processing I'll have $15-20 in the disposable. Walgreens has a Argus 1.3 meg for $25, no additional memory ect. Both will be disposable but the dig doesn't need processing and I'll have a laptop to download. What would you do? Any experiences?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100380&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod3104067

Hi,

My wife wants to pick up a one time use camere (we have a good digital) just to take some shots with. I really don't know her motivation but with processing I'll have $15-20 in the disposable. Walgreens has a Argus 1.3 meg for $25, no additional memory ect. Both will be disposable but the dig doesn't need processing and I'll have a laptop to download. What would you do? Any experiences?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100380&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod3104067

A 1.3 MP digital camera with the type of lens you would expect with a $25 camera will give you web-sized images and fairly decent snapshots at 4x6 or below. As good as you would expect from a disposable film camera, I would think. I have gotten great 5x7 prints from my old 2.0MP Minolta Dimage X.

I have a hunch that the $25 camera will serve as bait and you'll be shopping the upgrade path soon...:D

Happy Shooting!

Dave

Archived