Here I go--1st solo--HELP

rodeoamber

Rodeoamber--Feel better. Once you heal from surgery and your foot is better maybe consider cruising solo.

I've been married and I've been single and, IMHO, I figure its important for us gals to learn how to travel independently. Cruising is so easy--all one has to do is show up.

Summers--You sound like an experienced solo traveller. I'm still working on my 'independent' solo travel skills. I've mostly done tours overseas when I'm on my own. I really like the mix of group and alone time on both tours and cruises.

I'd say, for a first solo trip, cruising is the way to go.

Faith

I can't believe I am doing this. My mom would freak if she knew. I am 48 and have to tell her i am going with a co-worker to keep her from having a stroke. I tell co-workers i am going with a stepsister. They just wouldn't understand. I think I have read all the posts now and I'm not stupid streetwise, so I should be ok. I am a little anxious about being the geek with no one to buddy with. But i'm not a wallflower, its just that i hate cliques. always have. Any advice will be appreciated. Maybe someone from this board will be there too. I posted on the roll call. Didn't see my crz, so I started one. wasn't that what i was supposed to do.

I went on my first ever solo cruise last month by myself and i must say that I had the time of my life when i first arrived on the ship I was nervous but then I started making conversations with other people.

I did so much stuff that I would normally never do if I was at home I also left the ship with a bunch if new friends.

I will be cruising solo again in August on the inspiration and December on the Freedom.

Everybody kept saying that they could not believe that I had gone crusing by myself but I did I had so much fun. Go and enjoy your self you are going to forget about home I know I did.

Archived