Parc 55 in SF

mamatrouble

Anyone stay there and how was it? She reserved a top floor room!!

Also looking for a good restaurant for a fabulous dinner..Daughter taking me to SF for celebration of sorts. Was there a few a years ago but DD has never been. Would welcome any ideas!!

Not entirely happy with the location but it is very convenient to shopping, transit & entertainment. the Parc 55 is a good hotel. Palomino is a fun & good restaurant or try Swiss Louis or Neptune at Pier 39.

Pier 39 is a very touristy place, one that might make sense if someone is in San Francisco as a one day port of call, since you can walk to Pier 39 from Pier 35, but Parc 55 is closer to better restaurants than any available at Pier 39, especially Neptune's Palace, which really isn't very good at all.

I would suggest taking a look at Michael Bauer's columns in the San Francisco Chronicle, and/or searching the database available online at http://www.sfgate.com/food

On that page you can search by location or food type, and there's also "Bargain Bites."

• 2 weeks later...

I live right across the bay so never stayed there, but I've peeked in and it looked very nice. I like the location, too. Across the street from Nordstroms and Bloomies, two blocks from Union Square and Macys, Saks 5th Avenue, Tiffanys....what's not to like? :) My personal favorite place for lunch with my daughter is the Bistro on the (I think) 5th floor of Nordstroms, esp. if you can get a table by the windows. You're overlooking the Powell street terminus of the cable cars and it's an incredible view. Food's pretty good too, and the kalamata aioli served with the fries is killer.

Anne

Archived