Next Cruise/Future Cruise Booking Question

defreeze

Hi,

When I have sailed in the past on RCCL or Celebrity, I would make a future booking by booking a specific ship and date. I would then get an onboard credit of up to $200 depending on the length of the cruise.

I could then change the booking, using the same booking number, to ANY OTHER RCCL OR CELEBRITY CRUISE, and I would still get the onboard credit. I could also cancel completely and get a full refund of the deposit.

Now, I am reading about Next Cruise. It seems somewhat similar to my future cruise booking, BUT I can't use it to book a Celebrity cruise, and also, if I don't use it, I lose the $100 deposit.

My question is: Can I still do it the old way? If so, what is the benefit of using Next Cruise? It seems more restrictive. Is the only benefit the reduced ($100) deposit?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks.

the benefits are you don't have to specify a specific cruise and instead of say a 450$ per person deposit having to be put down, you only have to put down $100 and can put it in one person's name. The drawback is that it is not as flexible and it is not refundable.

You can still do it the old way as long as you book a specific cruise and pay the full deposit required.

Archived