NextCruise - Everything you need to know

Here is an email that I just received regarding NextCruise bookings. I think this should answer any and all questions.

Dear Patti,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for emailing us in regards to the NextCruise program. NextCruise is a new program that allows guests and travel partners to create bookings onboard without having to make a quick decision on what ship or sail date their future cruise will be on. Below is an overview of how NextCruise works:

All bookings are created as guarantees and cruise only. Dining and onboard credit are not assigned until a ship and sail date are chosen. Onboard credit amount is dependant on the length of sailing. A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is collected at time of making the NextCruise booking (Single = $100, Double = $200). The NextCruise booking has no expiration and can be converted at any time. Bookings can be converted to any available Royal Caribbean ship and sail date and there are no restrictions regarding itinerary or dates. After the booking is converted to an actual ship and sail date the Coupon Redemption Team will enter the onboard credit value. The remaining balance of deposit will be due according to the converted bookings option date. If the booking is made with a travel agency, a confirmation letter is faxed to them once the booking is made onboard. A confirmation letter is emailed to the guest once the booking is made onboard. This promotion is for US & Canadian guests only. Puerto Rican citizens are not eligible at the moment. In addition, when a guest makes a NextCruise booking on board, they can also obtain two NextCruise certificates to give to friends or family. The certificate will entitle the bearer to make a booking on the same ship and sail date the original booking is made on and receive the onboard credit. Loyalty agents will be the only shoreside personnel that can make these bookings. The original certificates must be received by Loyalty for processing. Copies and duplicates will not be accepted.

The program also allows the guests to join a group booking where they may retain their onboard cruise credit in addition to the group amenities already established.

I hope this clears up the confusion with having a NextCruise booking made on board our cruise ships.

Patti, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

316-554-5759

Alaufer@rccl.com

Here is an email that I just received regarding NextCruise bookings. I think this should answer any and all questions.

Dear Patti,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for emailing us in regards to the NextCruise program. NextCruise is a new program that allows guests and travel partners to create bookings onboard without having to make a quick decision on what ship or sail date their future cruise will be on. Below is an overview of how NextCruise works:

All bookings are created as guarantees and cruise only. Dining and onboard credit are not assigned until a ship and sail date are chosen. Onboard credit amount is dependant on the length of sailing. A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is collected at time of making the NextCruise booking (Single = $100, Double = $200). The NextCruise booking has no expiration and can be converted at any time. Bookings can be converted to any available Royal Caribbean ship and sail date and there are no restrictions regarding itinerary or dates. After the booking is converted to an actual ship and sail date the Coupon Redemption Team will enter the onboard credit value. The remaining balance of deposit will be due according to the converted bookings option date. If the booking is made with a travel agency, a confirmation letter is faxed to them once the booking is made onboard. A confirmation letter is emailed to the guest once the booking is made onboard. This promotion is for US & Canadian guests only. Puerto Rican citizens are not eligible at the moment. In addition, when a guest makes a NextCruise booking on board, they can also obtain two NextCruise certificates to give to friends or family. The certificate will entitle the bearer to make a booking on the same ship and sail date the original booking is made on and receive the onboard credit. Loyalty agents will be the only shoreside personnel that can make these bookings. The original certificates must be received by Loyalty for processing. Copies and duplicates will not be accepted.

The program also allows the guests to join a group booking where they may retain their onboard cruise credit in addition to the group amenities already established.

I hope this clears up the confusion with having a NextCruise booking made on board our cruise ships.

Patti, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

316-554-5759

Alaufer@rccl.com

Thanks for posting this. Looks like RCI will get $200 deposit from dbl. occ. passengers (2). I will gladly continue to use the Nextcruise program. It's been very worthwhile for me.

I see where it says cruise only. Does this mean when the actual booking is made that we cannot include air? we want to do this booking but want air included on the cruise that we are going to book, anyone have any experance with this?

When I booked my Next Cruise onboard the Rhapsody this summer our LA advised us just to put one of our names down and do a $100 deposit.

I put it in my name (my DH and I always travel together) but I thought in case I decided to do a "girls cruise" I would rather have it in my name. Just wanted to let you know you have this option if you would like.

The answer is DON"T. They do not get you the best time, and they never get you a flight the day before. You can usually find better fares on your own. You save nothing and could lose tons. Many people have gotten bumped using the cruise /air program and they have had unneeded stress.

I see where it says cruise only. Does this mean when the actual booking is made that we cannot include air? we want to do this booking but want air included on the cruise that we are going to book, anyone have any experance with this?

As quoted in the email I received "NextCruise is a new program that allows guests and travel partners to create bookings onboard without having to make a quick decision on what ship or sail date their future cruise will be on".

NextCruise is not booking a specific itinerary...........you are just ensuring yourself an OBC that you will get and it is determined when a specific cruise is booked.

NextCruise has a booking number that has nothing attached to it until you book a specific cruise. Once you have decided on a specific itinerary/ship/date, whether you book direct with RCI or with a TA, then your air is included.

Cruisenfever: Thanks for the info, was just unclear about the air from the wording in the email from RCCL

Inshape: Thanks, We have cruised many times and done air both ways, I always search for best deals both ways. There are pros and cons to cruise air and getting your own air, I just do what suits the cruise at the time for the best deal.

Cruisenfever: Thanks for the info, was just unclear about the air from the wording in the email from RCCL

Inshape: Thanks, We have cruised many times and done air both ways, I always search for best deals both ways. There are pros and cons to cruise air and getting your own air, I just do what suits the cruise at the time for the best deal.

Your welcome.

As far as flights, I agree with you. We usually do custom air and have been very satisfied with our flights. RCI has saved us BIG BUCKS, especially on international flights. But it is good to check to see which is the best deal to go with.

Do you happen to know what the OBC is? Are we talking about a significant amount?

I don't see any negatives with doing this, does anyone else?

The OBC depends on the length of your cruise, and is the same whether you book the cruise onboard or find one and apply your NextCruise booking to it. Anywhere from $50 to $200.

The only possible negative is if you never use it, you've lost $100. Or if it offends you to tie up $100 for xx years when you could be making a few dollars a year off it (but look at the OBC you'll get as interest and you're way ahead). It never expires, so unless you do, the odds are pretty good that you'll get a handsome return on that $100 investment.

The Next Cruise option is only for US & Canadian citizens. We tried to book it whilst on Splendour in the Med (where more than 1/2 of the passengers aboard were not US or/Canadians) but they refused to allow us. We were able to book a specific cruise but not the "next cruise" deal.

I wish they would make this a sticky and keep it at the top...........I alwasy thought there should be one dedicated thread to this subject(like the Explorer one, the Monarch one,etc).........

Every day there is one or more new threads on booking oboard and OBC......

Would make sense to have one place for all of them.......

And that is my

two_cents_small.jpg

:D :D :D

Your welcome.

As far as flights, I agree with you. We usually do custom air and have been very satisfied with our flights. RCI has saved us BIG BUCKS, especially on international flights. But it is good to check to see which is the best deal to go with.

Patti and Jim: LOVE your picture! What a good-looking, happy couple you are!

The OBC depends on the length of your cruise, and is the same whether you book the cruise onboard or find one and apply your NextCruise booking to it. Anywhere from $50 to $200.

The only possible negative is if you never use it, you've lost $100. Or if it offends you to tie up $100 for xx years when you could be making a few dollars a year off it (but look at the OBC you'll get as interest and you're way ahead). It never expires, so unless you do, the odds are pretty good that you'll get a handsome return on that $100 investment.

Wish their staff had been a little more helpful or knowledgeable about this when we booked on the Explorer. Hubby and I paid out $900 for future cruise deposits in order to get the OBC, and then we also paid $450 for his sister's cruise, only to find out later that she does not get the OBC. Turns out we changed the cruise from Panama Canal to Alaska anyway. Could have done this for $300 total (instead of $1350) and she would have gotten the OBC. Oh, well, now we know. Thanks for this good information. As it is, we would have used it almost immediately, but no OBC for our sister.

I've reread the letter several times (yet still may be missing this), but does anyone have anything in writing from RCI that explains how you can pay the $100.00 deposit? In May 07 on the Grandeur, the LA would only accept the RCI credit card for the deposit for NextCruise. If you didn't have one, in order to qualify for this program, you had to apply for their card while onboard (and she would be glad to take all your financial and personal information- right there with several other passengers waiting in the long line at her desk...). I did not feel comfortable revealing all this info right where others could hear (hasn't RCI ever heard of identity theft?). I offered another credit card, a check or cash- all were refused. I could make a regular booking using something other than their card, but then it would be a $500 deposit, not $100! And no OBC.

Also, I did have two cruises in mind when I spoke with the LA. She said she had access to the best rates available. Yet I had looked at both cruises right before boarding, and the rates on the Internet were cheaper than what the LA offered. So I wasn't going to put down $500 to hold either cruise.

DH & I cruise on the Serenade in December and would like to sign up for the NextCruise option (what a great way to motivate us to cruise again- as if we needed motivation LOL). However, we'd rather use one of our current credit cards instead of applying for RCI's. WIll we be able to do this on the Serenade?

Patti and Jim: LOVE your picture! What a good-looking, happy couple you are!

Well thank you..........and we are a happy couple because we are on a cruise! ;)

I've reread the letter several times (yet still may be missing this), but does anyone have anything in writing from RCI that explains how you can pay the $100.00 deposit? In May 07 on the Grandeur, the LA would only accept the RCI credit card for the deposit for NextCruise. If you didn't have one, in order to qualify for this program, you had to apply for their card while onboard (and she would be glad to take all your financial and personal information- right there with several other passengers waiting in the long line at her desk...). I did not feel comfortable revealing all this info right where others could hear (hasn't RCI ever heard of identity theft?). I offered another credit card, a check or cash- all were refused. I could make a regular booking using something other than their card, but then it would be a $500 deposit, not $100! And no OBC.

Also, I did have two cruises in mind when I spoke with the LA. She said she had access to the best rates available. Yet I had looked at both cruises right before boarding, and the rates on the Internet were cheaper than what the LA offered. So I wasn't going to put down $500 to hold either cruise.

DH & I cruise on the Serenade in December and would like to sign up for the NextCruise option (what a great way to motivate us to cruise again- as if we needed motivation LOL). However, we'd rather use one of our current credit cards instead of applying for RCI's. WIll we be able to do this on the Serenade?

When we booked our NextCruise bookings last month, the form has a place where you can either put it on your SeaPass account or use a credit card, any credit card.....but you have to supply the cc number and expiration date.

I selected to put it on our SeaPass Account as we had unused OBC's. Well, it went on the credit card that they had on file which was what we presented upon boarding, but it did not appear on our SeaPass account.

You can put it on any credit card..........not everyone has the RCI Platinum Plus Visa. Looks like the LA on Grandeur was pushing the RCI Credit Card. Maybe she got a commission on each one that she signed up.

Here is just another fine example that the LA's need to be educated better on how this system works. Anyone here on CC knows more about what's going on within RCI, than RCI itself.

As far as better rates on the website.........it has been reported here on CC that that is the case sometimes. You need to check the website while on the ship with prices, then have those prices when you speak to the LA. Have no idea why that is.

I wish they would make this a sticky and keep it at the top...........I alwasy thought there should be one dedicated thread to this subject(like the Explorer one, the Monarch one,etc).........

Every day there is one or more new threads on booking oboard and OBC......

Would make sense to have one place for all of them.......

And that is my

two_cents_small.jpg

:D :D :D

I like your two cents worth..........and I agree. But then, that's me "sticky"!!;)