NextCruise - Everything you need to know

Jane, I think I can answer this one. I had a NextCruise from May and decided I would book with a TA for my Sept. cruise. I had to get the TA to send over a Transfer Form...I signed it...and then faxed the Transfer form back to the TA where she could have the booking and I could keep my OBC.

Linda, the Transfer Form would have to have been sent to RCI in order for them to transfer the NextCruise booking to your TA.

If you make a NextCruise Booking while on a ship and do not specify a particular TA, then that booking is held by RCI. If you decide to transfer from RCI to a TA, then you get the Transfer Forms (most TA's have them) fill out the information and either send or fax to RCI at the number shown.

Once this form is received by the Transfer Team, it will then be sent to the TA designated.

Patti, so I CAN transfer just that open NextCruise booking (with no specific date or ship picked out yet) to my Travel Agent (by faxing the transfer form to RCCL), correct?

Yes. It might take a few days.........if your TA does not hear anything after a week...........give her your NextCruise booking number and have her/him call C&A.

If you do not specify a TA when you book your NextCruise they will automatically assign the booking to the TA that booked the cruise you are on. It happened to me twice - I didn't want it to happen either time!:rolleyes: I'll be sure to ask for it NOT to be assigned to any TA next time!

I would really rather manage my RCI cruises on my own. As it happened, I was on a group cruise the first time I booked a Next Cruise, which was assigned to a TA. Because I was with the group TA the NextCruise was assigned to them. They don't regularly do non-group bookings anyway. However, I let them keep it. I didn't have any advantages - no extra perks or better price since it was a single booking. However, I still had to go through them for any changes or requests. Then while on THAT cruise I booked my NextCruise again. I forgot about asking to have the cruise assigned to me. Now I see that the booking is once again assigned to that group TA.:eek: I called RCI and they said that I have to call that TA and have it assigned back to me before using it. Right now I will leave it just because my next booked cruise may be a group RCI cruise once again. If not I will have to have it released back to me. What a hassel!:rolleyes:

If you do not specify a TA when you book your NextCruise they will automatically assign the booking to the TA that booked the cruise you are on. It happened to me twice - I didn't want it to happen either time!:rolleyes: I'll be sure to ask for it NOT to be assigned to any TA next time!

I would really rather manage my RCI cruises on my own. As it happened, I was on a group cruise the first time I booked a Next Cruise, which was assigned to a TA. Because I was with the group TA the NextCruise was assigned to them. They don't regularly do non-group bookings anyway. However, I let them keep it. I didn't have any advantages - no extra perks or better price since it was a single booking. However, I still had to go through them for any changes or requests. Then while on THAT cruise I booked my NextCruise again. I forgot about asking to have the cruise assigned to me. Now I see that the booking is once again assigned to that group TA.:eek: I called RCI and they said that I have to call that TA and have it assigned back to me before using it. Right now I will leave it just because my next booked cruise may be a group RCI cruise once again. If not I will have to have it released back to me. What a hassel!:rolleyes:

It might have been because you were on a group cruise. We've never had that happen and we have booked 5 NextCruise bookings. In fact, on 2 that I booked on Radiance and I specified our TA on the form, it was not transferred to her. And that was my mistake for not checking the confirmation letter that I received in our cabin.

Always check the confirmation letter to make everything is correct before you leave the ship. On the NextCruise Booking form where it says to enter your TA's name and address...........in BOLD LETTERS mark "DO NOT TRANSFER TO TA".

The first time we were on a group cruise, the second time we were not. The person I talked to at RCI was even confused as to why Danny (The LA) assigned it automatically to the TA. I should have caught that it was assigned to the TA on the letter, but I didn't.

Surprising as Danny does not make many mistakes.:)

Linda, the Transfer Form would have to have been sent to RCI in order for them to transfer the NextCruise booking to your TA.

If you make a NextCruise Booking while on a ship and do not specify a particular TA, then that booking is held by RCI. If you decide to transfer from RCI to a TA, then you get the Transfer Forms (most TA's have them) fill out the information and either send or fax to RCI at the number shown.

Once this form is received by the Transfer Team, it will then be sent to the TA designated.

Yeah - I thought that is what I said:confused: If not, it is what I meant!

We booked our current NextCruise (our first) in May of this year. The only documentation we ever received was a print out of the computer screen the LA used showing our names, deposit amount, and booking number.

After reading this forum, you would think 2 people would have received the same documentation, even if by a common mistake! :rolleyes:

I booked while I was on the Explorer in Sept. and got the print out of the screen. Never got a confirmation letter from RCCL. Someone else on this thread said they had the same paperwork. That makes 3 of us, from different ships with the same thing.

My confirmaion letter wasn't from RCI, but also printed out on the ship. However, I know RCI has it as I gave the number to the agent when I looked into booking a cruise. That's how I found out that it was assigned to a T/A. I decided not to use it anyway since it was just a shortie cruise. It's a good thing I didn't use it as I ended up cancelling that cruise anyway and booking a longer one on Princess!

I booked while I was on the Explorer in Sept. and got the print out of the screen. Never got a confirmation letter from RCCL. Someone else on this thread said they had the same paperwork. That makes 3 of us, from different ships with the same thing.

My confirmaion letter wasn't from RCI, but also printed out on the ship. However, I know RCI has it as I gave the number to the agent when I looked into booking a cruise. That's how I found out that it was assigned to a T/A. I decided not to use it anyway since it was just a shortie cruise. It's a good thing I didn't use it as I ended up cancelling that cruise anyway and booking a longer one on Princess!

I'm sorry if I keep calling it a confirmation letter...........it's actually a print out of the BOOKING RECAP SCREEN. It does detail all the information that I provided to the LA when I filled out the forms.

I guess I like to call it a confirmation letter because it means that my form has been processed and confirmed. Guess it goes by interpretation.

pmshirl did receive a letter that she posted a few pages back. I guess each ship does it differently.:( Sure wish they were consistent.

I'm a little confused. Can we do the Next Cruise on RCCL for a Celebrity cruise? Also, if we know the date of the cruise we want, which is more financially beneficial, to do Next Cruise or to book the specific cruise? Also do we get to keep the stockholder's OBC also?

I'm a little confused. Can we do the Next Cruise on RCCL for a Celebrity cruise? Also, if we know the date of the cruise we want, which is more financially beneficial, to do Next Cruise or to book the specific cruise? Also do we get to keep the stockholder's OBC also?

Some folks say yes and some folks will say no you can not use a NextCruise booking for a Celebrity cruise.

If you know the date/ship/itinerary while on board, then book the cruise. NextCruise is for those that do not know what their next cruise will be, but they still want the advantage of getting the OBC.

Stockholder Benefits, Platinum/Diamond/Diamond+ balcony discounts are all eligible with NextCruise bookings. And there is no expiration date. Though the $100 pp deposit is nonrefundable.

As far as Celebrity goes, you can book a NextCruise while on a Celebrity ship for a future Celebrity Cruise, but their OBC is determined by the total cruise fare only. The more you spend, the more you get with the max OBC being $300.

On RCI, when booking a NextCruise while onboard, the OBC is determined by length of cruise with the max OBC being $200.

We booked a NextCruise in May, and I have a blank form here. The last 2 sentences are....

"You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise booking is not valid on any other cruise lines, including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International." 07007353

:)

We booked a NextCruise in May, and I have a blank form here. The last 2 sentences are....

"You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise booking is not valid on any other cruise lines, including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International." 07007353

:)

Thanks Patti, that's what I thought.............however, a few pages back somebody posted that they used their NextCruise booking for a Celebrity cruise. So, I guess it just depends on who you talk to and what day of the week is!;)

I have no inside knowledge Patti.:) It is entirely possible that they are still tweaking the program. From 2 person deposits to 1 and back to 2, from 3 years to indefinite, and from RCI to affiliates. It seems to depend on the ship and the Loyalty Ambassador as the program is evolving.. :D Maybe they will have it figured out by our NextCruise. :)

I have no inside knowledge Patti.:) It is entirely possible that they are still tweaking the program. From 2 person deposits to 1 and back to 2, from 3 years to indefinite, and from RCI to affiliates. It seems to depend on the ship and the Loyalty Ambassador as the program is evolving.. :D Maybe they will have it figured out by our NextCruise. :)

I sent an email off to the gentleman that responded to my original email regarding RCI vs. Celebrity and the confirmation letter issue. I'll post when I get a reply.

I just received this email regarding booking a NextCruise on RCI but using it for a Celebrity cruise plus "confirmation letters".

Good morning Patti:

Unfortunately NextCruise reservations can only be used for Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity.

Since the program has been a huge success some of the ships have run out of the confirmation letters and started giving out a booking recap. I apologize for any inconvenience that has caused anyone but we are very excited about the program and its popularity.

Regards,

Aaron Laufer

Supervisor

Loyalty Service Center

Trade Support & Services

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

316-554-5759

Alaufer@rccl.com

OK, so I had many of the same questions about NextCruise so I'll bump this one back to the top.

I do have one I need clarified though. I thought that the deposit was only $100. Is that only if I use either my DH or myself when we do the next cruise? And is there any benefit of booking both at the same time and giving $200 ? Does it change the OBC?

OK, so I had many of the same questions about NextCruise so I'll bump this one back to the top.

I do have one I need clarified though. I thought that the deposit was only $100. Is that only if I use either my DH or myself when we do the next cruise? And is there any benefit of booking both at the same time and giving $200 ? Does it change the OBC?

The deposit is $100pp. You can just put your name on the booking, in case you decide to cruise with a friend or relative and leave your hubby at home.;) Doing this YOU must be on the sailing.

The OBC will be determined by length of your cruise when you finally book a specific cruise/ship/sailing date.

If you book both names at the same time and give the $200 deposit, then your actual deposit will be less when you change the NextCruise booking into a specific cruise as your $200 deposit will be deducted and you will just pay the difference.