Duns River Falls from Montego Bay

Flying Scotsman

Hi all,

My wife and I are taking our first cruise next month with one of the ports of call being Montego Bay.

We'd like to visit Duns River Falls, however I'm looking for advice on the best way to do this. Should we pre-book an excursion through the cruise line or negociate a trip with a local (licensed) taxi driver ?

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Thanks

You do realize that DRF is going to be over an hour away? On JA roads?

While minutes from the pier in Ocho, a trip to DRF from MoBay is a bit more of an adventure. otoh, you'll get to see more of the countryside than most others on the boat.

People do it .... I doubt I would, as a one day cruise stop (been to Ocho, DRF and MoBay dozens of times) ....

If I were doing this from a cruise I'd take the ship's excursion just because if there is a problem getting back there is the higher probability the ship will be aware.....

Flying Scotsman,

I'm in the same dilemma. I think we would love DRF but the drive from Montego Bay makes it less desirable. However; I've read so much about how DRF is a must do that I think I will go ahead and book this excursion through Carnival. I think our family would enjoy the one that is combined with Bamboo Beach Club. I think either to book with a personal guide or through Carnival is your best bet. I don't think taxi's and doing it on your own is safe in Jamaica.

We are cruising on Conquest Dec 23; Christmas Cruise. When will you be going?

Pam

Flying Scotsman,

I'm in the same dilemma. I think we would love DRF but the drive from Montego Bay makes it less desirable. However; I've read so much about how DRF is a must do that I think I will go ahead and book this excursion through Carnival. I think our family would enjoy the one that is combined with Bamboo Beach Club. I think either to book with a personal guide or through Carnival is your best bet. I don't think taxi's and doing it on your own is safe in Jamaica.

We are cruising on Conquest Dec 23; Christmas Cruise. When will you be going?

Pam

Archived