Norwegian Jade or Brilliance of the Seas?

bzv143

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary this August and are looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise with our 4 grown children. We are looking at either a 14 day Norwegian Jade (out of Southampton) or a 12 day Brilliance of the Seas cruise (out of Barcelona). Suite for us; balconies for children. Norwegian (surprisingly) is cheaper.

Any suggestions as to which would be better? We have not sailed on an NCL since the Norway, so are unsure of the NCL ships, service, crew, amenities, etc. :rolleyes:

After I sailed on the Norway, I vowed never to sail with NCL again. However, everyone deserves a second chance, especially if they're cheaper:D

I've not sailed with RCCL so I can't compare, but for me it's all down to whether you want to sit down for dinner when and where you are told, or, please yourself.

I'm sure the amenities on the ships will compare and the crews will be excellent and efficient on both ships. But I feel only NCL gives you the total freedom of choice.

I've also chosen the Jade out of Southampton next year, but were going in May.

Have been on the Brilliance - everything was great - food, service, etc. Stayed in the suite on "the bump". GREAT!

Went on NCL Dawn - one night cruise to nowhere. Fell in love with "freestyle" dining - now we are booked on the Dawn to Bermuda in '08.

You have a difficult choice - best of luck and enjoy whatever one you pick:)

sail on the Jade which was formally the Pride of Hawaii. They have an excellent American crew and a good many of them will be staying on.

I am guessing they will not have the American crew as the Jade. Since it will be reflagged as a non-US ship, they will not have to pay the higher US wages.

on the jade..on the 11 deck are balcony suite that have

connecting mini suite s if you want the kid s

close by..

it may be more advatageous one the jade with childeren..they

may not alway s want to be with mom and dad and visa

versa..and they can still dine alone in the main dining if

they have other plan s..

http://www.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/deck_plan.do?ITINERARY_ID=801|26|||

Archived