Major Vibration - Emerald Princess Dolphin D615 Mini Suite

xtrmegee

I just came back from a fabulous 10 day caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess. I posted my review of the ship. I wanted to warn people about teh Mini Suites, as it wasn't as I expected. Online the Virtual Tour of the mini-suite is not what you will get. The stateroom still picture is correct but the virtual picture shows it as 2 rooms. Its basically a balcony room with a sitting area - the same as you would get on Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) regular Balcony room.

I also wanted to warn everybody that we had terrible vibration in our stateroom while sailing. The faster we sailed the more intense it would be. Sailing at 20 knots and above was like putting a quarter in the bed to make it shake! We reported this to many people, but nobody really cared. A brand new ship shouldn't vibrate like this. One crew member said the vibration was something new and wasn't on the previous sailings.

Also, be aware that most balconies are exposed and people above you can see into it.

Cabins to the rear can get more of a vibration from the props, especially at high speeds, and also in certain sea conditions. Same thing when pulling into port, because of the side thrusters. You get this at the bow as well.

Just curious- what exactly did you expect in a mini suite?

I see the mini has a sofa/sitting area that is seperate from the sleeping area- is that not the way it is set up? (the sofa/sitting area is at the balcony door?

I thought about switiching to a mini sute but dont like how the balcony is opened.

In regular balcony cabins there is no sofa/sitting area.

did your cabin look like this:

240565213tDsGvL_th.jpg

Archived