Need Info

baileyadog

Ok guys I need some info. I am sailing on Grandeur out of Tampa 3/22/2008. We have booked (for the first time) an aft JS. I have been in a JS on Sovereign but I have a feeling this might be a little larger. I have never been aft and have some concerns after reading these boards. Is soot going to be a problem? Is the balcony really that much larger than standard balcony? Are there really two lounge chairs? Is there alot of movement back there? We are booked for cabin 7156 which is directly in the middle of the back of the ship (if that makes since) so it appears to have the largest balcony. I have googled everyway I know how and havent found alot of information about this. I also looked on cruiseclues. Any information that you guys could help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy cruising!!!

Just returned in September from the Grandeur with an aft jr. suite. What cabin number do you have?

It was a great cabin with plenty of room both inside and on the balcony. We used this balcony more than any other cruise we have been on.

Let me know what your cabin number is and I'll see if it is the one we stayed in.

Ok more specific info.

There was a little soot on a couple of days but nothing you couldn't take a towel and wipe off. We had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs as well as a couple of tables. I see now you are in 7156. The balcony is much larger than your standard js balcony. We were in 8088 right in the center one deck above where you will be. Your cabin would be directly below where we were.

I think you will enjoy it and hope this helps.

When DW gets home from work I'll see if we have any pictures and post you a link. Don't know if she has those set up yet or not.

Evening Bailey,

We're booked in Cabin# 7156 for the Feb 2-08 sailing so I'm glad that you started this thread. Hopefully we both will get additional information on this cabin from it. We've had JS's on the Mariner, Enchantment and Sovereign but never and aft and we've never sailed the Granduer.

Happy Cruzin..........:D

Tanker 4

:confused: Feb.2, 2008? We're booked for Feb 4th, 2008. Is this a mistake? Just re-checked my date cause we already have hotel booked & panicked!

Sorry about that Winncove. My bad! It is indeed Feb 04-08. Guess my old fingers didn't get the right message from my brain when I was typing earlier.

Tanker 4

No problem Tanker except for my panic attack! I even went to our RC but didn't go back far enuf to find your name. I shld know better than to panic by now. On our last Sov. RC, 2 of us had the same rm # :eek: but we figured it out. It was a 3 sailing RC & he was getting off as were getting on!:D Looking forward to this one so much. CYA soon!

Ok guys I need some info. I am sailing on Grandeur out of Tampa 3/22/2008. We have booked (for the first time) an aft JS. I have been in a JS on Sovereign but I have a feeling this might be a little larger. I have never been aft and have some concerns after reading these boards. Is soot going to be a problem? Is the balcony really that much larger than standard balcony? Are there really two lounge chairs? Is there alot of movement back there? We are booked for cabin 7156 which is directly in the middle of the back of the ship (if that makes since) so it appears to have the largest balcony. I have googled everyway I know how and havent found alot of information about this. I also looked on cruiseclues. Any information that you guys could help me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy cruising!!!

When my wife and I cruised to Alaska in September aboard the Radiance, we had a starboard balcony cabin on the starboard side. This faced Alaska as we cruised North, and also gave us beautiful sunsets when we cruised the other way -- it was a 14-night cruise beginning in Vancouver British Columbia and ending in San Pedro (LA) Califronia.

One of the benefits of the after balconies is your ability to have views of both starboard and port. We had two chairs and a table, and I think that applies to all balconies. I did read one passenger who indicated on his Royal Caribbean ship (I forgot which one) they sometimes were showered with soot from the stack. Nevertheless, if it was me I would check the location, and if in fact I had a view of both sides of the ship I would chance it (especially if your cabin is on a lower deck and there is something covering the balcony).:)

No problem Tanker except for my panic attack! I even went to our RC but didn't go back far enuf to find your name. I shld know better than to panic by now. On our last Sov. RC, 2 of us had the same rm # :eek: but we figured it out. It was a 3 sailing RC & he was getting off as were getting on!:D Looking forward to this one so much. CYA soon!

We're looking forward to sailing the Granduer also as we've never been on her. We took a 5 day last Spring on her sister ship the Enchantment and really enjoyed it so we're hoping that Granduer will be similar. Hope so as we also have and 11 day booked on her in Dec 08.

Hope to see you onboard in Feb.

Tanker 4

Archived