any suggestions for certain ships for children?

lisareneeo

I am going on the Navigator next week (just girlfriends) yeah!!!! I can tell I am already hooked on cruising and haven't even been yet.

I am thinking about my family going on a cruise this spring or summer. I have two children ages 9 &11. We have been on the 4 night Disney Cruise but I am thinking we should try a Royal Caribbean.

Are there any ships geared more towards children? Do they all have the rock climbing walls? I know the Freedom Family has the flow rider.

I was looking at itineraries and liked the 5 nighter on the Enchantment, but am open to suggestions. The ship would be very important to us then the ports of call second. We would probably want a 5 maybe 6 nighter.

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Head on over to the Family Forum. That's where all of us parents of school-age kids hang out.

I love RCCL, both for myself and for the kids. The Freedom class (Freedom, Liberty and Independence) have the Flowrider, H2O zone, in addition to everything the Voyager class has. The Voyager class (Mariner, Voyager, Navigator, Explorer and Adventure) are smaller, but still large ships, have the rock climbing wall, video arcade. These two classes are the most child-friendly because of the above-mentioned amenities. They are also the newest ships.

Absolutely the Freedom class!! The kids will LOVE the H20 Fun Zone,Flowrider,AND the Karoeke recording video booths,where kids can make their own video of a song..none of that is available on Voyager ships,though they would be my 2nd choice...I wouldn't choose the Enchantment-if you want a 4-5 nighter,go with the Navigator (Voyager class)..much more to do for both kids & adults....

Big Al

Archived