Plan A, or Plan B for Cozumel. Which would YOU choose?

Rasta Pirate

This will be my first trip to Cozumel in several years, and I want to see EVERYTHING that is new since my last visit. I have 2 plans (A & B). Which one would you choose to make the most of your day in Cozumel?

PLAN A: off the ship by 7:30am, roam through the shops on the pier, then head directly to Nachi Cocom beach club. Lay out at their pool for a couple hours, explore the property/take pictures, etc. Then taxi to COCONUTS, and have lunch, a few cocktails, take pictures, and relax on their beach. Then taxi to PARADISE BEACH to have cocktails, meet Paradise Beach Tom, and relax on their beach & play with their water toys before heading back to the ship.

PLAN B:off the ship at 7:30am, taxi directly to PARADISE BEACH (I understand their lounge chairs are out even before they open at 9:am) hang out on the beach for a few hours, then taxi up to COCONUTS for lunch & pictures (I understand their is a spectacular view from here, and they serve the best shrimp quesadillas, margaritas & salsa ), then taxi back to town and do some shopping & stop at Poncho's Backyard for one more margarita before getting back on boardfor the "sail away deck party".

Obviously I would like to get some sun, see some sights, relax (just a little), but most importantly . . . have some "FUN", and come back home with some GREAT vacation pictures:-) so please tell me your opinion of how you think I could best spend my time in Coz.

Plan B sounds good to me, in fact, it's basically what we're planning for our day in Cozumel next month. Never heard of Coconuts is it far from PB? we were just going to either grab a bite to eat at the beach before we left of eat at Panchos Backyard.

This would be my prediction--If you enjoy Paradise Beach as much as we did in July, you may find yourself spending your Coconut's time there. The nachos and margaritas were amazing and served right to your lounge chair. What could be better than that? My opinion is Plan B. Then, if you find that you are enjoying Paradise Beach, you can just stay! (A little shopping on the way back to the ship is awesome, too!) Hit Los Cinco Soles. It's great!

DJ,

See http://www.islacozumel.net/food/coconuts/

The view here looks spectactular doesn't it? (only a few miles south of PB)

Actually, Coconuts is on the opposite side of the island, and North, of Paradise Beach, which is South from the cruise ship piers on the West side of Cozumel. Coconuts is south from the Eastern end of the cross-island roadway from San Miguel.

We're doing a modified Plan A -- renting a car and snorkeling Dzul Ha en route to Nachi Cocom, then heading around the South end of the island and up to Coconuts or Mezcalitos before heading west back to the pier.

Here's a link to beach info:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches/

Here's the best online map I've found:

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Coconuts is just North of Playa Chen Rio on the Eastern side.

Plan A is alot to do in one day here. And you are backtracking from Nachi C over to Coconuts and then back to Paradise Beach. Way too much miles and time in vehicle. Do Plan B...much more fun and less stress.

Nachi cocom isn't all that great. Don't waste your money on the inclusive package if you don't plan on being there all day. WASTE OF MONEY!

Food is good, service is awful unless you're a big group. Ask the MANAGER for the cruise critic discount. The wait staff won't know what you're talking about.

Archived