Change of guarantee assignment possible?

eandme

We are cruising on the Conquest in mid January and just got our inside guarantee cabin assingment yesterday. Although it was nice to be upgraded from 4A to 4E our friends who are going with us seem to have been assigned what could be a "not so great" cabin. It is 7412 which is right beside the aft elevators and also, I believe, right next door to the steward's room. This could mean a pretty noisy room for them from the elevators and early in the morning with the steward's carts. Has anyone had any experience with this cabin? I'm pretty sure there are quite a few cabins that have not been booked ( according the the Travelocity site) and I suppose it's possible we could get a further upgrade. We booked through a local TA. Does anyone know if it's possible to change our cabins or because it was guarantee are we stuck with what we get? In some ways I think it would be better to be in a lower category with a better location. Sit tight or try to change? Suggestions?

We are cruising on the Conquest in mid January and just got our inside guarantee cabin assingment yesterday. Although it was nice to be upgraded from 4A to 4E our friends who are going with us seem to have been assigned what could be a "not so great" cabin. It is 7412 which is right beside the aft elevators and also, I believe, right next door to the steward's room. This could mean a pretty noisy room for them from the elevators and early in the morning with the steward's carts. Has anyone had any experience with this cabin? I'm pretty sure there are quite a few cabins that have not been booked ( according the the Travelocity site) and I suppose it's possible we could get a further upgrade. We booked through a local TA. Does anyone know if it's possible to change our cabins or because it was guarantee are we stuck with what we get? In some ways I think it would be better to be in a lower category with a better location. Sit tight or try to change? Suggestions?

My experience this past January on the Conquest ... If you have your cabin assignments now, those will be your cabins. Don't wait for an upgrade. The Conquest fills up on most every sailing.

Personally, I don't have a problem staying next to an elevator and have never heard the stewards outside my room. But, I'm also not real prone to noises.

If you decide to change they will probably want to charge you the price for the new category. Someone posted that happened to them, they wanted her to pay the difference for the current price if she wanted to pick her cabin instead of the guarantee.

The whole idea with a guarantee is you get a lower price in exchange for agreeing to take whatever they give you. At least your friend is not below the pool like Fred was or next door to a lounge.

Thanks, everyone telling me the straight goods. Looks like we'll sit tight, and go with what we have been assigned. We probably won't spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway and my friend and I will be too pooped each night to even notice any sound but the snoring of our husbands.:D We're going to have a great time no matter what and we are so looking forward to the cruise.

Archived