Carnival Weddings vs. Outside Company like the wedding experience...

jbjs0627

What are the advantages and disadvantages of either? We just booked our July 08 cruise to get married. We want to get married on the beach in St. Thomas on the beach, but what if the port is cancelled? Is there a back up fo rthe ship and can we simply get married on another island?

My father in law to be is performing the ceremony. Will that be an issue?

I am feeling a bit bridezillaish at the moment....

I don't know if it is a ship issue or location issue by my friend brought her own pastor to do her ceremony and was told the only person that could marry was the captain ( they got married on board) but once the Captain did his part them her Pastor was able to do his thing...

I know that there is certain wording that must be in your vows per Bermudian law...Don't know the specifics but I think a wedding planner should be able to help...We were given 4 options for our vows and were told that if we planned on writing our own to talk to TWE for more details.

Good Luck!

I don't know if it is a ship issue or location issue by my friend brought her own pastor to do her ceremony and was told the only person that could marry was the captain ( they got married on board) but once the Captain did his part them her Pastor was able to do his thing...

I know that there is certain wording that must be in your vows per Bermudian law...Don't know the specifics but I think a wedding planner should be able to help...We were given 4 options for our vows and were told that if we planned on writing our own to talk to TWE for more details.

Good Luck!

The captain is required to perform the ceremony and specific vows per Bermudian law are required for at sea weddings on Princess. Carnival does not offer at sea weddings.

I'm not sure about the specifics of what Carnival allows and doesn't allow (I'm getting married on Princess). The Wedding Experience is the company that handles weddings for all of the cruise lines (sometimes they have different names, like Royal Romance or Carnival Weddings, but they all use The Wedding Experience). You will read many things about TWE and outside companies on this board.

St. Thomas is usually pretty easy for ships to make (not missed often like Grand Cayman), but missing a port can happen for many reasons--weather, mechanical problems or passenger illness. Hurricane Season doesn't usually get going strong until later in the the summer, but July is during Hurricane Season. As far as what would happen if you miss the port you would want to check with the different planners. If you are using TWE (Carnival Weddings) and miss your port, they may or may not be able to arrange something at another port--depending on the port, legalities, etc.

Sorry I didn't have more specific answers. Definitely search this board for comments from brides married using Carnival Weddings/TWE and for comments from brides that used island planners in St. Thomas. Also, develop a list of questions and contact Carnival Weddings and some local island planners.

Archived