sofa comfort

meidda

I've slept on the sofa bed for 4 HAL cruises, "S" and "R" class ships. The regular single sofa beds are fabulous - head and shoulders above the torture chamber devices you find on land.

Ironically, less comfortable was the double sofa bed in a suite. Still slept OK.

Excellent bed linens provided as well.

Can't imagine there's much difference on the Vistas - will tell you after my December 15 trip on Zuidy. You know your cruise is coming soon when the yogurt in your fridge doesn't expire until after you'll get home!

You know your cruise is coming soon when the yogurt in your fridge doesn't expire until after you'll get home.

LOVE your line here................great measure of the days left until departure!

Is that YOUR cat? What a cutie.

I've slept on the sofa bed for 4 HAL cruises, "S" and "R" class ships. The regular single sofa beds are fabulous - head and shoulders above the torture chamber devices you find on land.

Ironically, less comfortable was the double sofa bed in a suite. Still slept OK.

Excellent bed linens provided as well.

Can't imagine there's much difference on the Vistas - will tell you after my December 15 trip on Zuidy. You know your cruise is coming soon when the yogurt in your fridge doesn't expire until after you'll get home!

Thanks for all the info. I wrote Holland to ask about the 2 sofa sizes and they told me that all the sofas were the same size. I am booked for an sc aft. Do you think it may be a single or a double sofa? Thanks, meidda

The sofa beds in the Verandah cabins - and in the SC's - aren't for 2 people - they're twin (So, maximum cabin capacity is 3, except for Verandah cabins with an upper berth)

Apologies for the "Canadianism" - "double" size bed. I meant "full", but stand corrected, Sage - you're right that most suites (all; the SA's, and I think the SB's) have queen sofa beds. As already mentioned, found the queen one less comfortable than the twin.

SC cabins and cabin categories below this level have single sofa beds. Singles fold flat from the middle where the back goes flat. SB and above have the traditional fold-out sofa beds that are double sized or larger. Our SA suite on Zaandam had a fold-out that looked to be queen sized. Our 2 tall daughters slept on it for 11 days and were really comfortable.

GN

Archived