Acapulco for my 40th Birthday - any ideas?

RosieRuby

Hi

We're on a cruise in February and will be in Acapulco for my 40th birthday! We have been to Acapulco a couple of times and have been on some sight seeing trips organised by the cruise lines. This time we'd like to do something different - any ideas?

Many thanks!

RosieRuby:)

if you are a movie fan...visit villa vera resort where liz taylor got married...and many other stars had fun....they kept villa intact where marriage to mike todd occurred pics etc....search online for more details...there is also restaurant with great view of aca bay

if so celebrate at Casanova (if you want to spend $, its pricey, but the nicest restaurant in Acapulco we think), if not the restaurant at The Hyatt over the beach near the pool is nice at night and during the day, its right on the beach..great seafood...we ve stayed at Villa Vera a few times, no big deal all you can do is go up the hill to the air conditioned restaurant , view ok , food mediocre , ) or have a drink at the pool bar..not what it was yrs ago when it was exclusive and private, things change...we go often, so Im up on it,..for just fun Sr Frogs day or night or Carlos y Charlies, both casual, w/ so so food, depends how you want to spend it..happy b day , lucky you to be there then! beatrice

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very interesting suggestion

Every Thursday in Acapulco there is a very old tradition of going with family and friends to Pozole, this is boiled puffed corn mixed with many herbs and spices and you will find it in 3 presentations, plain (or white), green and red. If you are not used to eating spciey food I recommend plain. Served with a side order of 1 taco, cheese, pork rines, a fried tortilla (Tostada),onions, chile peppers, stuufed pepper.

Many local eateries make the experience unique with live performers and female impersonators, there are 2 "Pozolerias" located in front of the cruise terminal. Braseros and Los Metates, gets filled wth locals and the show starts at 5pm. It is a tradition in all of the state fo Guerrero to go for Pozole Thursdays.

And any driver will take you to their favorite one, I prefer the Pozole served at Flamingos hotel.

As for a night out in the town, there are new restaurants. Becco, Zuntra, Zibu upscaled and pricey, there are many restaurants in Acapulco that you can call and request a special BD cake prepared just for the ocassion.

I had my BD dinner at EL Olvido last year (group of wonderful friends treated me) and had a wonderful time, the waiters sang me Happy BD.

• 2 weeks later...

I still say Casanova if you want a 1st class 6 000 star restaurnt, (ot on the cheap side ).great service view and food ,inside airconditioned and very elegant.if you want casual and inexpensive there are tons of regular less expensive places, depends what kind of atmosphere you want but I'd go to cCsanova for a special ocion any time!

Archived