Noordam's "Nominal fee" for activities

meidda

I did the martini mixology class it ws $17.50 per person per class and on my 11 day cruise there were 3 classes. I also did the wine tasting it was $35.00 per person and there were 2 sessions. The sommelier dinner was $65.00 per person. The hands on culinary class was $39.00 per person. and it included all the recipes you made in the class, an apron and a 6 month subscription to food and wine magazine. they also had jewelry making for $15.00.

I was just on the Noordam and I didn't see or hear anything about this dinner. Did I miss this somehow?

Just curious

Thanks

Eileen

Eileen,

On the recent Noordam Panama Canal cruise, the Sommelier Dinner was a special held twice (or perhaps three) times over the 20 days, in the Pinnacle Grille. We did not participate, but a couple at our table did, and loved it. Basically, it is a special night where the food in the Pinnacle is perhaps a bit above normal (it is usually quite good), but the big deal is the wine. The surcharge may have been a bit higher as well, I don't remember exactly, but it was not outrageous.

We are wine drinkers (not gourmet, but a step up from swill -- we are wineaux :D) and were offered the chance, so we looked into it, and found there are "flights" of pretty nice wines on offer. This means a glass each of several different types of good quality (but not premier vintage, which don't travel well) wines over the course(s) of the meal. It seemed a good deal for the quality of wines on offer, but each meal took about 3 or more hours we heard, so we passed. You might really enjoy it, and the chance to sample several wines.

Dave

Archived