Victory Cabin Location

Browneyedhunni85

I pulled up the deck plan with our cabin numbers. We are room # 9202 on the Lido Deck 9 and it shows its partially obstructed. The other people in our party are room # 1004 on Panorama Deck 10. And it shows the same thing. Is this a bad thing? This is the first time having an ocean view room so I am unsure about what to expect. Also, is this a bad location in general. Thanks!

Your cabin is far forward w/ window. This is the secret deck everyone talks about. If you have your curtain open, people will be able to stand at your window and look into your room. The obstruction may be just the railing and other things. I don't think you will be able to see the water, not sure. If you got a super deal on the room you probably did ok. I would not want that room myself because I like to keep the curtains open. But you are right at the secret deck which can be your private balcony since few people go out there. Enjoy.

I really dont like the idea of people being able to look into our room.

I stumbled upon this link and remembered this thread.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/triumph/CabinswithObstructedViews.htm

Note: The windows are tinted so you cannot see inside the stateroom during the day; a sign inside the stateroom reads: "Please keep the window curtain at night time closed for the safety of navigation."

Nobody should be able to see into your room during the day.

Ohhh man....we wanted to be able to look out and see the ocean. I really dont like the idea of people being able to look into our room.

Just just be doing anything you don't want the rest of us to see. I hope your not into that sort of thing.

I remember one cruise line actually had the jogging track outside of the rooms on one deck. That would really suck if one liked to sleep with the curtain open.

Archived