Mariner Numbers

Coastalbreezes

My mother and father have taken approximately 12 HAL cruises. After my father passed away six years ago, I began cruising occasionally with my mother, once on Zuiderdam and next week we are on Westerdam.

For some reason her new TA assigned her a NEW Mariner number after Dad died and now mom has only 7 sail days accumulated. Is there any way for her to regain her past sail days on HAL? I suggested she call HAL directly but she cannot find Dad's Mariner number.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

TracyE

The Mariner phone number is

1-800-547-9139

Bill

My mother and father have taken approximately 12 HAL cruises. After my father passed away six years ago, I began cruising occasionally with my mother, once on Zuiderdam and next week we are on Westerdam.

For some reason her new TA assigned her a NEW Mariner number after Dad died and now mom has only 7 sail days accumulated. Is there any way for her to regain her past sail days on HAL? I suggested she call HAL directly but she cannot find Dad's Mariner number.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

TracyE

I can't imagine why they would have issued her a new mariner number. I find that odd. They certainly should be able to look up your fathers old number by his name. I know when I forgot mine they were able to look it up quickly. Good luck and have a wonderul cruise.

You can go to HAL web site and enter your name, DOB, zip code and country and voila...your mariner number will pop up.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/mariner/mariner.do

I actually have 2 mariner numbers. I've got one of those 2 last name things, no hyphen. One is under my last, last name and one is under the 2 last name thing. Not sure why this happened as I always book with the 2 last name thing since that is what is on my passport. Without the hyphen the names are not joined and it mixes up some computers. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising, Kathy

Best thing to do is sit down and count up the days your mother has cruised and use that number as a base.

We have had multiple mariner numbers over the years so we keep track of them ourselves. When they send the information sheet around first couple days put in the numbers you know to be correct...

Ruth & Jim

Thanks to all for the great information! I did go to HAL website, Kathy before I started this thread. Unfortunately they had no record of my father -- in fact they didn't even have my mom on record, go figure. But I did give my mom the phone number (thanks, Bill) and she said she would call tomorrow.

Happy cruising everyone!

Tracy

Hope you get this squared away. I, too, had problems finding my parents' numbers. They had sailed HAL frequently and received the medallions that my dad proudly wore in his last years when he couldn't travel anymore. I promptly heard back from the Mariner email. They had my mom's last name misspelled (weird....it's the same as my dad's!), but was able to get the information after I gave them what they needed to know. However, their records weren't correct- only gave 3 days credit for a 7 day cruise, etc.... (and it was not a cruise tour with portions on land). I wanted to see if I had credit for the time I cruised with them and was able to just let them know the dates and it was granted. So, check your records and good luck!:)

Update -- mom called today and they said they no records of any other Mariner numbers or her previous cruises. I find this surprising since she and my Dad have sailed exclusively with HAL over the years. She isn't that concerned as this may very well be her last cruise due to her age and failing health. Thanks again to all for your help!

Tracy

HAL has never asked for verification of our number of days sailed. I just keep a running record in a file folder and tell them the number of days that I know is correct. If asked, I could produce the name of the ship, the year and the number of days. Actually, I could even tell them the cabin number, dates and the exact itinerary. I know, I know, I'm a bit over the edge when it comes to my favorite pastime.:D

If your Mom is entitled to wear a medallion or a pin, she should have it. Just give the number of cruise days she remembers on the registration form and again on the form they place in your mailbox on board the ship.

I'm sorry to read that she is in failing health. Enjoy cruising together while she can and make memories to share later on.

Archived