Booking with US Travel Agent when from UK?

Topcruise

There are a few TA's you can use, just e-mail them and see what they can offer, inclding OBC. There is also a cruise TA in the UK that adverising on this board, sometimes they can beat the US prices, even allowing for the strong dollar as they block book rooms. We have a very good price for Sept that was better booking over here than in dollars and on board credit. I either email of telephone them.

There are a few cruise lines who you cannot book direct with in the US (RCCL is one).

It is fairly easy, you just need to do a bit of homework.

FYI, I specifically asked my TA if she could take UK bookings since there has been much discussion on the boards that indicate that this is not possible. She said that she has many customers from Europe and that it is not a problem at all, so I agree, that your best bet is to contact several of the online TAs and ask. You might do better by using their 800 numbers. Please remember that we can not use TA names or broad hints that reflect specific TAs on this board. Good luck!

I suppose this is a Q for cruisers from outside the US. Given the $/£ rates, how can a UK cruiser book with a US company or travel agent for eg a Carribbean cruise? Any tips?

Thanks for helping!

We're from the UK too and although we sometimes use a UK-based travel agent, we also book directly on-line, using one of the larger American agencies. We have found the process extremely easy. If we have had any questions, we ring and ask: as mentioned, there is often a freephone number. Our documents always arrive promply - without errors, and the whole process has worked well for us. Prices are often much much MUCH better than in the UK, but with fluid pricing, one just has to be careful/lucky!

Because my earlier post was removed - too broad a hint on a specific TA - let me repeat (what I hope is) the acceptable parts of my post:

If you're doing a Google search, do use keywords that include "currency converter" or something similar. Any TA that has currency conversion on their website is likely to cater to non-U.S. customers.

Also - Princess is one line which does NOT allow US TA's to accept bookings from anyone not resident in the USA or Canada.

Hi! We book 2 cruises a year using either the Major UK or US Cruise Agents. In terms of 'ease of booking' there is nothing to choose between either side of the Atlantic. As said before some cruise lines 'block' UK residents from booking Stateside but they are the minority.

Two points may be of help.

We have found recently that the US agents are still significantly cheaper on US/Caribbean Itineries, but are struggling to compete on the European itineries due to the $/£

Secondly the US Agents normally require a much higher deposit, (normally double pp) however this deposit is fully refundable right up to point of Final Invoice, no strings or questions asked.

This has a further advantage. If your cruise comes down in price you can simply cancel your first booking & re book at the new price. The TA's in my experience are more than happy to do that.

Hello Wilba

Thank you for your entry.

Although we have used an American travel agent, I have never been sure if we would be offered the same (generous) cancellation/refund policies as our American friends. From your post, it appears that this is the case, which is great to know!

Archived