Carnival Conquest running late ?

rob6465

I'm sure we will see some posts later today saying why but I'll guess it was the weather. With that front line sitting offshore the seas might be rough. Navigating the fairway through that city off platforms offshore is tricky in good weather; I bet the Conquest had to really go slow last night.

Checking the data from the Galveston weather buoy I see that the water temperature is 66, current air temp is 54 and the dew point is 50. I bet it was a very foggy night on the Conquest.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42035

I'm sure we will see some posts later today saying why but I'll guess it was the weather. With that front line sitting offshore the seas might be rough. Navigating the fairway through that city off platforms offshore is tricky in good weather; I bet the Conquest had to really go slow last night.

Checking the data from the Galveston weather buoy I see that the water temperature is 66, current air temp is 54 and the dew point is 50. I bet it was a very foggy night on the Conquest.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42035

The port was closed due to weather and reopened sometime after 6 this morning.

Brian

Archived