Freedom Loud noises in walls 7342,46 & 50

CruzinCooks

Just came off the Freedom yesterday. We were plagued by load noises almost like a car with too much base in your driveway. Started 1st afternoon out about every two to three minutes with no relief. Had 4 floor supervisors up during the next 24 hours and the engineer on duty at 4:00am. Walls would shake no sleep. Their answer was they have never heard it before,:confused: no way to move cabins ship sold out, would not know what it is until drydock and needs to go into wall. cabin 7346 given on board credit for inconvenience but out other two cabins were not. Cheif purser was sick on 3rd day and through rest of cruise. Sent an oh so sorry letter to 42 & 50 with Champange. No personal call back to either of the two cabins. 1st time cuiser in 7350, 42&46 5th and 6th with Carnival. Credit was not a lot and we were told that is all the Chief Purser could do for us here is the 800# for Carnival when we get back. This all happen prior to pulling into San Juan. Not happy with here it's your problem again call carnival.:mad: Why couldn't the pursers office have called guest services with us once in port? Called my PVP and he gave us the 800#, cell service not great kept dropping call. WE had 30 of us in 13 cabins on board. Next year our group will double didn't matter to CCL or that we could not get any sleep. Noise only happen while at sea. We've been on many with CCL and this was by far the most we felt any ship move. I think something came loose during Transatlantic in the Walls. Pursers desk was very surprised when we repoted because the 7th deck mid is usually the quietest place on ship sandwiched between cabin decks. Any thoughts on how far we can take this with CCL:confused:

The Ship was ok. Expected a lot of kids for holiday week and there were 978 of them:eek: . 10 ours. Food was not as good as the Valor two years ago or other ships, Seafood newburg was served with yellow saffrom rice with green peas mixed in. Overall you can tell new boat, crew as not a friendly as ones before. Midnight buffet was not like the past ones much smaller. Because there were so many kids the camp carnival was packed. Lots of dirty plates and cups sitting around on deck.

The show for the tribute to New Orleans was the best show we have ever seen. The Entertainment was the highlight of the cruise. Beatles show was great Mouna the one in charge of The Legends was awesome!!! :D What great time and experience made up for some of the other problems.

This ship was a little loud on the decorations but they had the lights only flashing red and green. The ship was already decorated for Christmas. Nice touch. Over 1700 previous cruisers on board. The ones we spoke to felt like we did. The ship was not prepared to service as many people as they had and all seemed tired. Next time will not take a newer ship just off a reposition cruise. If you have the cabins above move them now or drink a lot so you can sleep through it. 1st bad experience on CCL and counting on them making it right.:o Any other questions post and will try to answer.

Just came off the Freedom yesterday. We were plagued by load noises almost like a car with too much base in your driveway. Started 1st afternoon out about every two to three minutes with no relief. Had 4 floor supervisors up during the next 24 hours and the engineer on duty at 4:00am. Walls would shake no sleep. Their answer was they have never heard it before,:confused: no way to move cabins ship sold out, would not know what it is until drydock and needs to go into wall. cabin 7346 given on board credit for inconvenience but out other two cabins were not. Cheif purser was sick on 3rd day and through rest of cruise. Sent an oh so sorry letter to 42 & 50 with Champange. No personal call back to either of the two cabins. 1st time cuiser in 7350, 42&46 5th and 6th with Carnival. Credit was not a lot and we were told that is all the Chief Purser could do for us here is the 800# for Carnival when we get back. This all happen prior to pulling into San Juan. Not happy with here it's your problem again call carnival.:mad: Why couldn't the pursers office have called guest services with us once in port? Called my PVP and he gave us the 800#, cell service not great kept dropping call. WE had 30 of us in 13 cabins on board. Next year our group will double didn't matter to CCL or that we could not get any sleep. Noise only happen while at sea. We've been on many with CCL and this was by far the most we felt any ship move. I think something came loose during Transatlantic in the Walls. Pursers desk was very surprised when we repoted because the 7th deck mid is usually the quietest place on ship sandwiched between cabin decks. Any thoughts on how far we can take this with CCL:confused:

The Ship was ok. Expected a lot of kids for holiday week and there were 978 of them:eek: . 10 ours. Food was not as good as the Valor two years ago or other ships, Seafood newburg was served with yellow saffrom rice with green peas mixed in. Overall you can tell new boat, crew as not a friendly as ones before. Midnight buffet was not like the past ones much smaller. Because there were so many kids the camp carnival was packed. Lots of dirty plates and cups sitting around on deck.

The show for the tribute to New Orleans was the best show we have ever seen. The Entertainment was the highlight of the cruise. Beatles show was great Mouna the one in charge of The Legends was awesome!!! :D What great time and experience made up for some of the other problems.

This ship was a little loud on the decorations but they had the lights only flashing red and green. The ship was already decorated for Christmas. Nice touch. Over 1700 previous cruisers on board. The ones we spoke to felt like we did. The ship was not prepared to service as many people as they had and all seemed tired. Next time will not take a newer ship just off a reposition cruise. If you have the cabins above move them now or drink a lot so you can sleep through it. 1st bad experience on CCL and counting on them making it right.:o Any other questions post and will try to answer.

This won't help your group..but we do appreciate any heads up about "cabins to avoid". We have a running list. I will add these to it.

Personally, I would write a well worded letter to Guest Relations.

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

I prefer snail mail...I know it takes longer but it helps me keep track.

The few times that I have needed to register a complaint, I have always started off with the positives and then added "however the reason for my letter is....." I keep it short and sweet...just the facts with no exaggerations or generalizations. If you can describe the problem in such a way so that the reader can put themselves in your "spot" ... it really helps them empathize with you.

It can take 4 - 6 weeks to get a response, but I have always gotten one and have been pleased with the results.

Good luck!!

I stayed in 2465 last week. This cabin was on the opposite side of the ship and aft. I was quite suprised that the movement and noise was worse than on any ship I've been on. There was a grinding jolting vibration (much like the bass sound already mentioned) every two to three minutes that shook the walls and made it difficult to sleep. The vibration and noise going into port was extreme, too. I'd read here on the boards that the cabin was somewhat noisy at times, but it was much worse than I anticipated. However, I did not register a complaint onboard because I didn't think there was much that could be done about the situation except offer me another cabin. Since I was in one of the coveted 1A cabins with 2 windows, I really did not want to move.

Patrioticgirl, we're scheduled to stay in a room a couple rooms down from yours in December. Is it bad enough that you would recommend trying to get our room moved? We did an oceanview guarantee, so I'm sure it would cost a bit more to change it at this point... Thanks for the input!

Did any of the cabins below you hear anything? We are booked next week in 6340 almost directly below.. I wonder what it could have been.. :confused:

Probably the rats in the walls having their weekly bowling tournament.....:eek:

Pandora226,

This was the first time that I ever had a cabin that low on the ship, so I figured the noise and movement were perhaps normal and that I was just not used to the sounds. I felt some movement just about anywhere I was on the ship so I didn't even consider moving because of this. Still, for a new ship, I didn't expect it to be so noisy. I got used to the shudder thing after about the third day, and it was less noticeable on the last two days when the seas were a bit calmer.

Another thing to consider is that your current cabin may be a bit larger than most other oceanviews. I did not see yours, but I did see 2473, and it was huge.... probably three times the size of the cabin I had... and mine was larger than most. Consider how much you will actually be in the cabin before you make a decision on a cabin change. If you don't mind being awakened by the noise going into port, I would probably stay put. The hallway itself was a quiet, less traveled location otherwise, and your cabin doorway was in a little recessed foyer that veered off the main hall.

Probably the rats in the walls having their weekly bowling tournament.....:eek:

Harsh? Nah, you're from Lakewood..I would expect that from someone that lives there.

Was that too harsh? :D

J/K I grew up near there and my mom actually works there.

Sorry to hear you had the same noises we had. There was no noise or rumbling going into port. On the way back to Miami they changed course and we came in hugging the Cuba coast and under the Bahamas seas were really calm and there was no noise the last two sea days. This only happen in rougher seas. But I've been in rougher seas on other CCL ships and this was by far the worst movement I have felt. You could amost anticipate the noise by the rock of the ship. My husband just told me the engineer said we are in line with where the stabilizer are. If you experience the same noises please notify CCL. It sounds like they have a bigger problem than just our room. There was another guest who was in 6205 handicapped room and she said there was terrible banging under her bed. LOL.

I stayed in 2465 last week. This cabin was on the opposite side of the ship and aft. I was quite suprised that the movement and noise was worse than on any ship I've been on. There was a grinding jolting vibration (much like the bass sound already mentioned) every two to three minutes that shook the walls and made it difficult to sleep. The vibration and noise going into port was extreme, too. I'd read here on the boards that the cabin was somewhat noisy at times, but it was much worse than I anticipated. However, I did not register a complaint onboard because I didn't think there was much that could be done about the situation except offer me another cabin. Since I was in one of the coveted 1A cabins with 2 windows, I really did not want to move.

Hello PatriotGirl... Was intrigued by your post on Room 2465, I will be in Room 2462 (same room, opposite side of ship) this Saturday. Wonder if its just that side, or it mimmics itself on the opposite side too? I'm used to vibration, since I always get an AFT room. Was it just on entering a port or ALL night as the ship sailed from port to port.

Also, in Miami, did the ship tie up at the pier opposite the 'Multi-level' parking lot across the street or the one with the 'Open Air' parking across the street. Thanks.

Alan, it just so happened that one of my dinner companions was in 2462, so I was able to see both cabins. I was curious because I have 2462 booked for the Mediterranean in July 08, so the gentleman let me take a peek. The cabins are basically identical, with the expection of the bathroom. Cabin 2465 has an extremely large handicapped bathroom that is tiled from floor to ceiling. It has a double closet whle 2462 has a three door closet. The hallway is a little narrower in 2465 due to the bathroom being larger. Other than these things, there was basically no difference in the two cabins.

I mentioned the noise to the gentleman in 2462 and he said he did not notice the shudder vibration in that cabin. He is doing a back to back and is in 2465 this week, so I hope to hear from him to see if he noticed it as well. He did mention that he has sailed on Glory in the same cabin and had noise issues, mainly from the ceiling tile rattling constantly. I've had aft inside, oceanview and balcony cabins before on Legend of the Seas, Constellation, Zenith, and Horizon, but the noise and movement were much worse on Freedom .... even worse than Celebrity's former Zenith and Horizon, which were more than a dozen years old when I sailed on them. It's difficult to explain, but there was a shudder every couple of minutes that had a deep sound that someone else mentioned. The port thing was totally different. It was quite loud and had a more intense vibration that was quite bothersome. I am usually an early riser, especially on port days, so it didn't bother too much on port days even though it was quite a bit of commotion. Coming into Miami on Saturday morning, I was trying to catch one last hour of sleep when it started at around 6AM. It was so bad that I just got up and took my shower because there was no way you could possibly sleep through it. You will have to let me know if you have the same shake, rattle, and roll experience.

I didn't really pay too much attention to the parking situation, but I believe it was the open air parking area....... I did notice that RCCL and Celebrity offices were directly across the street from where we docked, if that helps.

WISCruiser, if you get a chance take a look at the 6B next door.... it was 3 times as large as the 1A; quite like a suite with 2 large windows, too! There was probably a 10 x10 area of open floor space and a couch, too!:)

Bon voyage! I am sure that you will have a wonderful time onboard!:)

When we left Miami we were located at the new terminal across from the open air parking lot. Middle ship. RC closest areana and Triumph in front of us. When we got back to Miami we were in the RC position. New terminal. Great Disembarkation though. Valor two years ago took over 2 hours once off boat in lines to get to cutoms. This year they have checkout booths in new terminals and we were in our car with luggage in 45 minutes from when they called our number. Luggage is now on belts like at airport. Much better!!! Worth the 1.28 charge per person on your sail and sign that the Miami port puts on.

When we left Miami we were located at the new terminal across from the open air parking lot. Middle ship. RC closest areana and Triumph in front of us. When we got back to Miami we were in the RC position. New terminal. Great Disembarkation though. Valor two years ago took over 2 hours once off boat in lines to get to cutoms. This year they have checkout booths in new terminals and we were in our car with luggage in 45 minutes from when they called our number. Luggage is now on belts like at airport. Much better!!! Worth the 1.28 charge per person on your sail and sign that the Miami port puts on.

Cruizincooks, I will second that comment! I was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport by 9 AM ..... within an hour of my number being called, and I did the ship transfer:D! Disembarkation was probably the smoothest I have ever experienced!:)

Cruizncooks, I thought the food in the dining room was excellent. Our waiter, Kenneth, did an outstanding job of of attending to our every need and the meals were served hot, which is somthing that I really appreciate. The dining room service was probably the best I have ever experienced, but I couldn't help but wonder if that had something to do with the fact that one of gentlemen at my table has sailed on Carnival over 40 times.

The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and the Tiramisu were to die for! The beef and seafood dishes were superb as well!

I did not sample alot in the Lido...... Breakfast each day was an omelet. I steered clear of the lunch buffet line on most days, opting intead for the make your own stir fry, the fish and chips, or the deli instead. The only dessert that I tried up on Lido was the cheesecake, which was pretty good.

I missed the Midnight Buffet, but I heard that it was quite the spread. The chocolate buffet in the Lido on Friday was something to behold, too! I tried the chocolate cheesecake and the fudge... both good.

My only complaint about the food was that the one time that I ordered room service, my reuben came without sauerkraut and thousand island dressing and came instead with wilted lettuce, mayo, and limp tomato!:D :eek: :D I could only laugh.... I guess it was a Reuben, American style!:)

What did you think of the food?

He did mention that he has sailed on Glory in the same cabin and had noise issues, mainly from the ceiling tile rattling constantly.
I had this same experience on the Liberty in cabin 2462 - a constant rattling/tapping noise coming from wall over headboard (how convenient :() and also in ceiling - like something was loose up there - had huge trouble sleeping and yes more vibrations than I'm used to - but gotta love those windows and all that space.

Last cruise I was in 2444 on the Triumph (also 1A window cabin) -thankfully no rattling in walls/ceiling - but still lots of noise and vibration esp when pulling into port - and the one day at Half Moon Cay - when anchored at sea - there was this most annoying and constant banging in the wall - like someone hammering on a pipe - intermittently but constant while we floated - this drove me nuts (yes I was trying to nap in the afternoon) - it was only on the port side and when I went to starboard side - the noise was not there - go figure! Thankfully it stopped once we set sail otherwise I don't know what I would have done - it was like torture!

Froufie

I had this same experience on the Liberty in cabin 2462 - a constant rattling/tapping noise coming from wall over headboard (how convenient :() and also in ceiling - like something was loose up there - had huge trouble sleeping and yes more vibrations than I'm used to - but gotta love those windows and all that space.

Last cruise I was in 2444 on the Triumph (also 1A window cabin) -thankfully no rattling in walls/ceiling - but still lots of noise and vibration esp when pulling into port - and the one day at Half Moon Cay - when anchored at sea - there was this most annoying and constant banging in the wall - like someone hammering on a pipe - intermittently but constant while we floated - this drove me nuts (yes I was trying to nap in the afternoon) - it was only on the port side and when I went to starboard side - the noise was not there - go figure! Thankfully it stopped once we set sail otherwise I don't know what I would have done - it was like torture!

Froufie

That happened in 2440 on the Victory as well.

Fortunately, it wasn't bad enough to ruin a cruise!!

Could you tell me if they have hair driers in the rooms and if so how good are they. Thanks

Archived