which lines currently offer deals for infants?

wanderingfool

Hi all,

From what I can find online, it appears that Norwegian and Cunard allow "free" (port fees & taxes only) for infants, and Costa does the same but just for their Caribbean sailings.

Just wondering if there are any other lines with great deals for their under age two guests? Not even free necessarily, but maybe reduced fares, in light of the fact he can't use most of the facilities. ;) We are hoping to travel with our son to the Mediterranean next fall (he will be 1.5 then), and figure we should take advantage of any freebies or deals while we still can. :D

Thanks in advance!

You have to realize that while certain cruiselines offer reduced prices for under 2's (Regent/Disney) the price you'll pay for the adults in the cabin is HIGH.

NCL has good prices.

RCCL offers $99 specials every now and again. There was one going on over the weekend.

And is it Costa that has a VERY lax smoking policy? So some have complained about the ships being very smoky.

Price out the more family friendly cruiselines before you hop on a special deal for under 2's.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply! You have all given me different items for my pros/cons list that I am using to help make my decision.:) Ultimately, after thinking about it some more, I think it is going to be itinerary based, then family friendly based, and any freebies or deals will be a bonus. Time is on our side, so I can hopefully snag a deal somehow... because the more money I save here and there, the sooner I can travel again without going into debt! :p

Regent is VERY expensive

While it is expensive, it isn't completely cost prohibitive for my family, although it does mean waiting a bit longer to save up for it. However, based on the demographics of the line, we will probably wait a few years to sail with them - and probably plan to go on one of the "children are free" promo cruises so DS won't be the only little one there. I'd love to give them a try; Regent does look very lux.:)

You have to realize that while certain cruiselines offer reduced prices for under 2's (Regent/Disney) the price you'll pay for the adults in the cabin is HIGH.

NCL has good prices.

RCCL offers $99 specials every now and again. There was one going on over the weekend.

And is it Costa that has a VERY lax smoking policy? So some have complained about the ships being very smoky.

Price out the more family friendly cruiselines before you hop on a special deal for under 2's.

Our first cruise was on RCCL and we liked it (paid regular 3rd person fare though, before we were wise to the great deals out there - it was worth it though!) and we are booked on NCL for New Year's. The $99 RCCL deals are worth watching for; we liked RCCL a lot and would sail with them again. I really want to try one of their new super-duper monster sized ships.:cool:

Lots of smoking, or more smoking than we are now accustomed to in most of North America at least, is definitely something to consider regarding Costa; thanks for pointing that out. That will go in the "cons" column of my pros/cons list for each line. I won't completely rule them out just yet, but if it comes down to them versus a similar itinerary on another line, it might make the difference.

I booked an Eastern Med cruise with my baby free on Costa so, it isn't just the Caribean sailings that offers free infants. I did have to pay port charges but, that's it.

That is awesome to know. Costa has one really great Eastern med. itinerary that I'd love to go on. Maybe I will put it back into the running - I should call them perhaps to find out if it will apply to my desired sailing date.

Decisions decisions! :p Thank you all again!

• 3 weeks later...

Cunard does NOT offer the same deal as NCL for infants, you pay a heck of a lot more than just port fees and taxes. Before our sailing got cancelled (the ship is going into drydock), the rate for our son as third person in the cabin was about half the fare for DH and I. The upside to Cunard is that they offer free group babysitting and other programs for kids age 1 and up, and their program is staffed by British government-certified nannies. I was hoping Jim would come home with an English accent, saying things like, "Mummy, may I please have some tea?" :D

I wish Royal Caribbean had infant rates!!!! :o

I only cruise Royal Caribbean nowadays... check the 3rd person rate for a variety of their cruises. They vary. For instance, a 3rd person rate on a Southern Caribbean cruise onboard the Legend runs 299 per person. The 3rd person rate on my upcoming Radiance 6 day cruise is 499.

I wish Royal Caribbean had infant rates!!!! :o

I only cruise Royal Caribbean nowadays... check the 3rd person rate for a variety of their cruises. They vary. For instance, a 3rd person rate on a Southern Caribbean cruise onboard the Legend runs 299 per person. The 3rd person rate on my upcoming Radiance 6 day cruise is 499.

You should've looked over Thanksgiving weekend. They ran a sale where 3rd and 4th passenger rates on certain sailings were $99. They do this occasionally so keep watching.

You should've looked over Thanksgiving weekend. They ran a sale where 3rd and 4th passenger rates on certain sailings were $99. They do this occasionally so keep watching.

thanks but I'm in the can't cancel zone for this upcoming cruise. I got an excellent 1st and 2nd person rate ($599) for an E1 hump balcony plus I got my lovely $100 dollar discount for being a Platinum member, plus a $75 dollar off Crown and Anchor coupon. PLUS, I booked the cruise while on another cruise so that means I get $100 onboard ship credit. I try my hardest to get a deal. :o

Archived