Victory layout

bchbum641

I've read that you can't get from the front to the back of the ship on decks 3 and 4. From looking at the deck plans it looks like you can get through on deck 4 but not deck 3. Is this true? And are their any other decks that you can't get from forward to aft?

Thanks!!

You cannot walk from the lobby to the back of the ship on deck 3 because the galley blocks your path. You can walk back on deck 4 but you must walk through the upper level of the dining room. This means walking past a "dining room closed" sign during non-dining hours or walking through the dining room during service. I would not recommend the latter as I consider it rude but I would not hesitate to do the former.

The only reason this becomes an issue is if you dine in the aft dining room. If this is your situation, the easiest way to go from the lobby to the aft dining room entrance is to go down to deck 2, walk back to the aft stair, go up to deck three and there you are. :)

We are on deck 8 so we can walk through on that deck. I'm not sure which dining room we are in. I know in the past they try to put the rooms forward into the forward dining room- if that is still the case we will be in that dining room. I was just wondering what all the fuss was about with the Victory's layout. If that's it then we'll have no problem. I remember jon the Destiny the 1st time we were confused- and I seem to always be the one getting lost. Just trying to get my bearings straight so I don't get lost trying to find my room after a few drinks in the PM. Then I can be the one who "knows the way":cool:

The only decks that do not go through (at least of those that run the length of the ship) are 3 and 4. This is the case on both Destiny-class and Conquest-class ships. If you have the chance to go on a galley tour, go for it - it's really pretty interesting to see.

Archived